The First Day......

The First Day

Christian was amazed at this wonderful place. Amenata saw him staring and looking indifferent. “Well, let’s check out the rest of the place” She said, and Amenata lead the way through the living area which was composed of shined, hardwood flooring with several yellow couches and a large coffee table that matched the floor. There was a fireplace in the living room as well, but it wasn’t lit. “This is the dining room. Usually I don’t eat in here, but we have important stuff to talk about, and I think you’ll like it” said Amenata, sounding accomplished.

Christian’s mind was racing. He never lived with another female that wasn’t his family. It didn’t scare him either. He didn’t think Amenata was too bad looking.” We might as well talk about it now since it’s so important.” Christian said.” To be honest with you, I really don’t feel like cooking and as for that I think we both be more in tune with each other if we don’t have an empty stomach.” Amenata replied.

Christian sat in the first seat to the head chair at the dining room table. He was twiddling his thumbs thinking about what Amenata may have to tell him. She came in with a bowl of baked lamb and added liberal amounts to Christian’s plate. She then put a smaller portion on her own and sat down. Christian took a fork-full into his mouth and instantly fell in love with it.

“I see you like it. So, I wanted to discuss what you would be doing here to come into your Mystic power. I was thinking that since you didn’t get them yet you could at least learn the theology behind it” Amenata said. Christian looked surprised. He didn’t think that she would just go straight to business like that.” Well for starters, this group called the Elders of 5 bestowed incredible powers to their respective families. Every power is unique and is only found in that family. The powers were passed down from generation to generation dormant until it found the person that’s supposed to command it. Your powers came from the 3rd Elder, Simon. He was known as the kindest of the Elders and the most distinguished. That means that your power is….” Amenata got up and ran into the front and up the stairs. After a minute or so she came back down with a book with some writing in a language he never seen before. She opened the book to the back pages and said “Here we are! Ok, since you are a descendent from the third Elder, then that means your power is fire and teleportation, or in their language ‘fenrir’.” Amenata said, closing the big, raggedy gray book.

Christian had many things running through his mind, and he could only pull out one question.” Why am I just finding out about this?” he asked, looking flustered. “Christian, your father’s past didn’t allow him to be with you to raise you in this because of what happened in the situation between him and your mother. He couldn’t tell your grandparents because they don’t know any of this exists. On that note I have to tell you what he told me that’s not in the letter.”

Amenata’s face suddenly looked dark.” First of all, your father never murdered your mother. It was someone else. Someone terrible.”Of all the things she told him, this one shocked him the most. He got up out of his seat, livid.” Then who was it then? Who was it that killed her?!?!?”He looked as if he could explode, but Amenata only continued. “ The person who did this goes by the name of Justin Wheeler. He is also a Mystic, but his ancestor was the 4th Elder, Elric. History tells us that his power was very formidable, and he set forth to kill the other Elders. It took the 3rd to stop him, but the 3rd Elder showed mercy and let him live. Now, his predecessor was looking for the 3rd’s predecessor to kill him, but you were well protected. Your father invoked a charm that so long as he didn’t find out about it, he couldn’t see you. He tried to fight him, but he overpowered him and went after her.” Amenata said, eyes flaring with anger toward the monster.” After he did it, he left your father unconscious to take the blame. Your father has been in prison for something he didn’t do. THAT BASTARD!!!!” Amenata yelled.