Chapter Six

Chapter Six

I sat there stunned for a minute taking in what Gabe had just said to me. I look over at my supposed mother and couldn’t help but feel sad that she didn’t come back to see me but to use me.

“So let me get this straight.” I say to her. “You’re not here to see the daughter you dumped on the door of an orphanage like unwanted garbage? You’re here because you need me to find my father your bed warmer. Am I right so far?”

“I did not dump you like garbage! I left you so you could live!” My mother protested. “If the angels knew of your existence they would have killed you on the spot.”

‘Yeah whatever.” I sigh and look at Gabe. “How is it you know her?” I ask pointing my finger at my mother.

“I met her through Lucifer. Although I didn’t know they were bumping uglies together I just thought they had a sort of truce going on.”

I pull out the paper work my mother had filled out the day before and handed it to her. “You can have these. I won’t be needing them. I’m sorry well not really but I can’t do what you want me to do.”

“WHAT! Why not? His your father you have to help him.” My mother cries out.

I snort at what she just said. “That’s where your wrong. You two may of created me but you aren’t my parents. If he was never captured you would never have come into my life so as far as I’m concern you can use someone else to do your dirty work.” I stood up from my desk and grabbed my cup to make myself a cup of coffee.

“The doors that way you can see yourself out.” With that said, I left the room.

I had just finished making my coffee when Gabe walked into the room. “What are you still doing here?” I asked him.

“Oh you don’t think you can get rid of me that easy do you my little half breed?” He says.

“Yes, Yes I do and will you stop calling me that!” I walk past him and head back to my desk. My mother still sat there waiting for me.

“You still here?” I ask her rudely.

“Obviously.” Is all she says.

“I don’t know why I’m not going to help you.”

“Look if its more money you want just name your price.” She says to me.

“I don’t want or need your money. My foster parents left me enough money to survive when they passed away. That’s how I managed to bye this place.” I use my hand to gesture the room we were in.

“Well what is it you want? There must be something you want that I can give you everyone has a price.” My mother says.

I stand up from my desk insulted by what she had said. “You have nothing that I want. Stop wasting both our time and get the hell out.”

“No.” Was all she said.

I rub my hands over my face in frustration. “Fine sit there I don’t care I’m still not helping you.”

“What about me dove? Will you help me find Lucifer? I won’t ask you to rescue him. I just need you to track him down and I will do the rest.” Gabe asked.

“What makes you think I would help you when I won’t even help my own mother?” I asked him.

“Simple I haven’t done any wrong by you. In fact I have helped you. If it weren’t for me you would still be getting used by her.” He says pointing a finger at my mother.

I nod my head agreeing with what he is saying. “Ok Gabe I will try and track him for you but that’s all I’m doing. But I’m charging you triple my fee.” I smile sweetly at him.

“Deal.” He said reaching his hand out for me to shake. “When can you start?” he asked me.

“Im so going to regret doing this.” I mumbled to myself. “Was he taken from his apartment?” I asked Gabe.

“Yes.”

“Well I guess I can go back there and try and track him now. I’m not sure what information I can get for you. It’s been a year so the trace on him being snatched may be gone.” I walk over and pick up my Jacket. “You.” I say pointing to my mother. “Can stay the hell away from me. As soon as you come anywhere near me I stop helping got it?”

She nods her head “I understand.”

“Good now get the hell out of my building.” I tell her. She stands up nodding her head at Gabe then leaves.

Gabe and I left shortly after my mother did and headed back to Lucifer’s condo. We entered the building without a word from the guy behind the front desk and took the elevator to top floor once we entered his condo I stood in the same spot as I did last time pulling out the picture of Lucifer I waited for my powers to kick in. Before I knew it the vertigo started and everything was in rewind. I mainly stood in an empty building Gabe would appear every now and then but other than that the condo seemed to have stayed empty for a year. My father’s body appeared standing in the far right hand corner of the room surrounded by ten men with long white hair. The imaged paused and started again. The man shot something that looked a lot like a dart at Lucifer not long after the dart had pierced his skin he fell to the ground unconscious. Two of the men picked his body of the ground and then disappeared with Lucifer. I shifted with them and reappeared in what seemed to be a warehouse the only clue of where I was, was a bared window. Looking out it I could see Lucifers condo not too far away and the flashing lights sigh of the building next door it read “Manny’s Bar.”

Vertigo hit me once again and I was sucked back to my Body the force was so strong that once I got back into my body I threw up on the ground. I wiped my mouth and realized the dizziness from tracking still hadn’t past. I looked over at Gabe who was staring back at me.

“Well did it work?” He asked.

I nod my head “Yeah was taken to a warehouse next to Manny’s Bar down the street.” I said breathing heavily. I have never tracked so far back in time and it was taking a lot longer to recover before I realised what was happening my legs gave out from underneath me and I blacked out.