Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

We drove out of town in the direction we had gone when we went to Tony’s cabin in the woods. I sat in silence as Tony drove. Thinking about everything that has happened to me lately. I still couldn’t believe that I had a brother. Even if he hated me for what I was, he was still my brother.

“We’re here” Tony said breaking me out of my thoughts.

I looked out the window and frowned. All I could see were trees. “We are?” I asked confused.

Tony chuckled “We have to walk the rest of the way. The place we are going to is hidden in the trees.”

“Oh” Was all I could think of to say. I unbuckle my seat belt and open the car door. “How will these people be able to help me?” I asked as we started walking into the trees with Tony.

“They are my friends and family” He says to me.

I stop walking and stare at him “Can they….you know turn into an animal like you?” I asked nervously. I already had the angels and demons wanting me dead I didn’t need animals after me as well.

Tony sighed obviously picking up on my distress “Some as shifters like me, there are also a couple of witches. You have nothing to fear Kylah” Tony said walking up to me, placing a finger under my chin he lifted my head up so I could look into his eyes “I will protect you,”

I swallowed audibly “So I do need protection from these people?” I asked softly.

“No” he said shaking his head “You are with me so they will not touch you.” He leaned forward and placed his lips on mine. I felt as my heart rate increased. I moaned in disappointment when Tony pulled back all too soon. “Come on we better get going.”

We walked for about twenty minutes before we came up to a large two story wooden home. “This is the pack house. Where those who do not wish to live in society live.”

“Oh ok” I frowned “Why don’t they want to live in society?”

“They don’t like having to hide what they are, here they can be in their human or animal form. But out in society they can only be in their human form and have to hide the animal side of them.”

“Is it such a bad thing having to hide your animal?” I looked over at him and asked.

Tony shrugged his shoulders “It’s not that bad, I don’t mind it. As long as I can come out here every now and again for a run.”

I nod my head at him. I decided not to ask him any more questions until later when we were alone. We walked up the steps out the front of the house. Tony didn’t knock on the large wooded door. Instead he reached for the handle and opened it before walking inside.

“Come on” He said grabbing my hand and pulling me inside behind him.

“Who’s that?” I heard an older voice say.

“This is Kylah, she is my chosen mate” I heard Tony say.

“You bring a human here?” The same voice as before asked.

“Kylah is not human, and she needs our help,” Tony said before pulling me forward. He wrapped his arms around my shoulder. I look at the older man standing in front of us. He looked to be in his eighties, he held a cain in his wrinkly hand. His hair was completely grey and his eyes were light blue.

“Hi” I said lifting my hand up.

The old man looked away from me and looked back at Tony “you said she was not human, yet she stinks of one”