Chapter Twenty - GABE P.O.V

I stood in the corner of the room and waited for Lucifer to emerge from the spare bedroom. As soon as we arrived back at the cabin, his first priority was to shower and change.

I glanced over to the other side of the room to look at a pouting Lilith. Her reunion did not go as she had planned. I guess she was hoping for hugs and kisses, instead of the cold shoulder she received. Bloody angels. I thought to myself.

Lucifer’s bedroom door opened, and I looked over at the now open door and waited for him to walk out of the room. As soon as he did the demon council, which consisted of five men Knelt down on their knees and bowed the heads to Lucifer. I just stood there with my arms crossed over my chest, as I leaned against the wall watching while the demon council sucked up to him. I rolled my eyes at them, why don’t they just kiss his arse and get it over with. I thought to myself.

Lucifer looked my way and I could see the amusement in his eyes. He thought it was funny the way the demon council carried on.

“Enough!” Lucifer told the man. Who were still singing his praises.

Lucifer walked away from the demon council and made his way over to me.

“Explain to me why that girl called me her father” Lucifer said to me.

“Well Lucifer it seems your dearest Lilith had been holding out on you. It turns out she had given birth to a Manah and dumper her at some orphanage after she was born.” I explained to him.

Lucifer looked at me and frowned “I’m guessing you found proof that she is mine?”

“Of course” I said with a smile. “She was able to track your movement. From the time the angels took you from your condo, to the warehouse, then to the angels retreat in the woods.”

I watched as Lucifer processed this information. I noticed his face had started to turn red and took a step away from him knowing he was going to lose his temper.

“Why the hell did you hand her over to the angels then!” He screamed.

I noticed from the corner of my eye that even Lilith had jumped at Lucifer display of rage. Obviously she hadn’t seen Lucifer pissed off before.

“I had no choice, the demon council and Lilith made the decision and forced me to carry it out. I tried to reason with them but they refused to hear what I had to say.” I said. I clenched my fist at the memories of the arguments I had, had with the demon council and Lilith. I didn’t want to hand Kylah over to the angels. I don’t know why but there was something about her that was special, and it wasn’t just the fact that she was a Manah that made her special. I thought to myself

“You like her” Lucifer said, obviously picking my thoughts out of my head. One of his many gifts he had. The older demons knew how to block him from their minds. I didn’t even bother with it. I had nothing to hide from Lucifer. So I left my mind and thoughts open to him.

Knowing there was no point denying it, I just shrugged my shoulders at him.

Lucifer just stared at me, his gaze started to make me uncomfortable. I had to fight against every instinct to stop myself from squirming under his hard stare. Finally Lucifer nodded his head and smiled “Well I never thought I would see the day when the great Gabe met a girl who could hold his interest.”

I snorted at his comment. Lucifer knew as well as any demon that I was a man who only needed the opposite sex for the occasional release and nothing more. So I understood his shock.

“Just my luck she had to be handed over to the angels” I mumbled.

Lucifer smile dropped off his face “Yes, well heads will roll for that decision.”