Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One.

“Let go of me!” I looked behind me and noticed that my screaming mother was being dragged towards the group of angels.

“Lilith, so nice of you to join us” Eve sneered.

Lilith ignores Eve and looked over at Adam “Adam what is the meaning of this”

“Well mum. It seems these angels are not too happy with you for having me. Fancy that!” I say pulling a shocked face.

My mother looked at me before turning her gaze back to Adam. Lilith laughed “And you believed her when she said she was mine? God you angels will believe anything”

“How are you an angel?” I asked her “Aren’t angels supposed to be good? Shouldn’t you be nice and kind and not be able to lie?”

“It doesn’t work that way.” Adam said beside me “Being an angel doesn’t automatically make us good. It’s a choice that we choose to make. But like humans, we too have free will. That is how demons came about. Angels who choose not to follow the right path are outcast and become demons”

“What about me?” I asked softly. “Why am I punished when I do the right thing?”

Adam looked down at me and frowned “You are young, you wouldn’t understand why we have to wipe out the Manah race.”

“So explain it to me?”

“Just kill her and her whore of a mother and be done with it” Eve sneered as she walked over to Adam.

“Eve, if you cannot be patient then maybe you should leave” Adam said.

Eve glared at Adam, who ignored her and turned towards Lilith “You do understand what the punishment for consorting with demons is?” Adam asked her.

“I do, but I don’t see why it should concern me,” Lilith said.

Adam turned to one of the guards who were holding her “Where was it you found her?”

“With the demons. father” The angel said bowing his head at Adam.

“Thank you son” Adam said.

“See that all the proof we need, just kill her Adam and lets be gone from this dreadful place”

Adam shot Eve a look that shut her up before looking over at Lilith, he let out a huge sigh “Do you still wish to deny the fact that you are consorting with demons?”

“Yes” Lilith said as she straightened her posture and stared at Adam.

“Really, even when your own son says that you were?” Eve asked.

I looked from Eve to the man who was holding my mother, I knew my eyes where huge from shock as I looked at the man who looked to be in his late twenties. “I have a brother?” I asked softly.

“You are no sister of mine” The Angel spat “You are a parasite that will be taken care of very soon.”

His words sent a pain stabbing though my chest, I was used to being called names. I had been called them my whole life. But never have I be called something by someone who should automatically love me because we were family. I looked away from his angry glare and looked at my mother who was smirking at me. I felt my anger boil in me as I looked at her. A strong rage that started in my stomach rose up until it reached my throat. The force of the rage was so strong that I screamed out a piercing scream. I was shocked when the chains on my hands snapped, freeing me. I threw my arms forward and felt as all the rage in me exited through my hands.  I watched as my mother was thrown across the warehouse with my brother. “I’ll show you what a parasite can do!” I screamed. As their bodies land hard on the ground.