Chapter 17 - Saving Haruhi !

Kessaku:

" Kessaku , are you alright ? " Haruhi asked gently , examining me worridly , " you look pale ..."

We were on our way back from Karuizawa with Misuzu-san , who was blabbering on about those wonderful boys .

so wonderful

This is how it sometimes was. My body got really sick after having a large scale, unpleasant shock.

It usally lasted awhile.

I laughed weakly , " I'm probably getting sick....you gave me a big scare last night...."

Haruhi smiled softly , " sorry...."

she thought for a moment before she continued worridly , " You're not mad at Hikaru...right ? "

I laughed , but it ended up giving me a headache , so I just smirked , " of course I'm mad , just not so mad I want to destroy his very being....not yet anyway " .

Haruhi laughed and sighed , exasperated , " You're dramatic as usual , I see "

I nodded and turned back to the front as we continued on our way back home.

_________________

For the next week, I was full-blown sick . From the not so bad stuff , to the terrible stuff.

I just laid up in the bed , making up school work and watching anime everyday. Haruhi also came over to bring the school work and telll me what's been going on lately . apparently , Honey-senpai has a younger brother , and they brawled over his cake addiction. I swear they're all a bunch of nuts .

In Saturday , I was feeling a little better , and had a bit of money saved up for the big sale downtown.

Of course , I begged Haruhi to go with me , and she reluctantly agreed.

So , we were off .

However , my mind completely changed when , as we were walking , I spotted Kyoya standing nonchalantly in front of the directory , looking slightly messier than usual.

" I'm not feeling so good ...." I said to Haruhi , and hurried away.

She didn't follow me , Haruhi was probably sighing at my foolishness for coming when I was so sick.

I spent the remainder of the day reading feelsy fanfiction.

________________

As I was cleaning my apartment after a long week of sickness , I heard shouts from outside , and decided to have a look.

When I opened the door , I saw the many faces of the Host club rushing by.

" Aku ! we've got to go , c'mon "

I gasped as dad grabbed me , pulling me behind him.

He wasn't wearing his usual work clothes , and I could smell burnt eggs .

he'd probably cooked by himself today.

I didn't have time to ask where were going , considering I was being dragged along in my cat Capris and too-small , holey t-shirt .

___________

" you wHAT!? " I shouted , staring wide-eyed at Dad. " why !? "

Dad pouted , " I thought they were her friends!"

I sighed , face-palming , " dad , they were raging white lily league lesbians "

Dad gave me a rather confused look , but didn't question me further.

" your lively as ever , " a sly voice said from behind , making my skin crawl , " even when you're sick ".