Chapter 1- The Ouran High School Host Club From Hell

Chapter 1
The Ouran Highschool Host Club From Hell

My first time meeting the Host club was freshman year.
I've just moved into a new apartment complex, and decided to take the test for Ouran Academy, just to see what would happen. Amazingly, I didn't completely fail. It wasn't enough to get in, but wasn't the worst I could've done. As it turns out, the headmaster actually accepted me because of my musical talent rather than my grade on the entrance exam. I've already thanked him numerous times via email, phone, and just now by means of crying and bowing quite a bit. They do that in Japan, right?
Anyway, he gave me a schedule, as well as a code of conduct and a uniform. I rather like it, though the puffy shoulder pads and bright pink bow are a little much. I only just got back from an apprenticeship at a company in the north, one that I didn't even agree to go to. I've already missed the first few weeks of school, so I'm basically socially dead at this point. No matter, I'm here to work on becoming a musician, I don't really have any time for any more friends. My neighbors have already been very good to me, and I've become fast friends with Haruhi Fujioka. She's all I need right now.

" I never did get the name of the high school she got into.." I murmur, stopping in front of the room I'd been seeking all afternoon.
Music Room 3.

Surely they wouldn't be using three music rooms at the same time, right? Besides, I'd only seen one music club in the directory, and they used music room 1. It was empty, and probably abundant with instruments. Perfect for some practice.

I hadn't brought my violin, figuring it would probably get broken if I even attempted to bring it to school. High school was too rough for such a lovely violin. I had to readjust my things a bit, since I didn't bring my backpack either. Didn't think I'd need it, since I hadn't gone to any classes today.

I finally managed to open the door, shutting it behind me with my knee. The room, surprisingly, didn't seem to have a single instrument. No pianos, or cellos, or even music stands. Only chairs with bright pink upholstery and tables. It was more like a restaurant than a music room. Surely this wasn't it...

I set down my things on one of the couches, before starting to search the place. Behind curtains and in dressing rooms, even under tables. Nothing.
" damn it, don't they have anything ? I thought this was a prestigious school, and not one instrument?"

Finally, just as I was giving up, I discovered a gorgeous white piano, hidden behind a curtain. Finally, finally, finally!

I sat myself down, and warmed up a bit before playing a piece I'd been working on for a month now. I played and played and played, finishing at the part I'd stopped at the last time I'd practiced. I still didn't have it quite memorized.

I stood to give a bow to an imaginary audience.
Of course, when the invisible audience clapped, I realized I had a real audience.

A large group of boys stood before me, all dressed in the school's uniform. I didn't even try to hide my disgust, grimacing at the extravagant blond and his troupe.

He flurried me with compliments. Fake and lifeless. It only made me angrier. However, my gaze softened and my frown turned up when I spotted none other than Haruhi Fujioka.

" Haruhiiiii!" I cheered, practically throwing myself at her. Even with short hair and a male uniform, I still recognized my best-well-only friend, " why didn't you tell me you were going here, darling?"

" Because you're always-"

" I know, I know, I'm sorry, you know I love you, right?" I interrupted, face heating up a bit when I realized my bad habit had come up again. I was always interrupting people, I couldn't help it. I just got so excited and exploded when I spoke to my friends. Er, friend.