Chapter 3- The Spring Ball

Prodigy and Policy
Chapter 3

It had been at least a week since I "joined" the Host club. It's actually going pretty well, since I can make sure Haruhi is alright and practice my music a bit. Of course, there are the downsides.
Like the fact that Suo- I mean, Tamaki-senpai, is getting on my nerves more and more each day. I find myself holding back curse words and punches when I'm around him.

Another bad thing is happening, Kyoya-senpai is still being way too nice to me. I can't figure out what he wants from me, but I know he isn't doing it just to be nice. I've seen how he talks to Haruhi and Tamaki-senpai.
That money demon is up to something.

"I don't know...I don't think I've ever seen Kyoya-senpai being nice for real, " Haruhi murmured, frowning faintly, "maybe he is up to something...."

She glanced down at her watch, suddenly grabbing my hand and rushing to Music Room 3. Once we finally arrived, both of us a little disheveled, I realized why she was in such a rush. We were late, ten minutes at least.

It wasn't like Haruhi to lose track of the time....

However, the club room itself was even more surprising. We opened the door, and immediately gasped. It was gorgeous, decorated like some kind of rainforest. Of course, upon closer inspection and realization that this was a prestigious school, I realized it practically was a rainforest. Real birds and all.

Haruhi was just as shocked as I am, though the only noise she made was a small grunt as a toucan decided to roost in her hair, and I couldn't help but laugh as I shooed it away, though I did try and hide it.

" They finally made it. I didn't think they'd ever show" one of the twin's smirked, draped across his brother in a seductive manner, as usual.
"We're hardly even late, " I scoffed, pouting and crossing my arms over my chest and even whining a bit to add to it.
"I could be wrong, but my calender says it's still early spring " Haruhi muttered, giving Tamaki a questioning glance.
" huddling under a kotatsu table and fearing the cold is nonsense" Tamaki-senpai made a dramatic pose as he said this, weilding a gorgeous fan that matched his outfit. " besides, the heating system we have is the best" he chuckled, flicking his fan down dramatically.
I sighed, rolling my eyes at his usual idiocy, as well as how crazy their otufits were.

Haruhi let out a tiny scoff and Kyoya smiled down at his clipboard " do you have a problem with the way we run our club, Haruhi? Be careful what you say, you owe us 8 million yen, remember ?"
heartless tax collector....
Tamaki began to ramble again, not even caring if anyone was actually listening, " gentlemen don't bundle up in bulky clothing, it may be chilly early spring out there in the real world, but here in the club we want to suprise our chilly little kittens with a warm, tropical paradise"
He grabbed Haruhi, waving an arm at the room,
"oh , yes , we've turned this place into Nirvana , a blooming tropical island of everlasting summer " He shouted, grinning and hugging Haruhi tighter.
" That's funny, " she muttered, huffing and trying to get out of Tamaki's grip. " Cause I feel a massive chill right now"

I ended up having to pull her out of Tamaki's arms, since the guests were going to arrive soon, and as much as I knew those ravenous bests would want to see a relationship between Haruhi and Tamaki, I couldn't just stand by and let him suffocate her with his ego.

The club was over just as soon as it had started, but I still couldn't go home. We had a meeting to discuss the upcoming dance, though Tamaki-senpai preferred to call it a ball. Rich people are so pretentious.

"But Boss, we have to end the night with a bang, and fireworks are perfect!" One of the twins pleaded, both of them pouting childishly when Tamaki didn't agree.