Chapter 16 - Jealousy Makes You Green

Karuizawa , Part 2

( 25 Chapters !!! so exciting ^^ anyway , anreal big chapter to celebrate nthe big 2-5 . lol . see you bambinos later )

" ouch, my back still hurts from half-sleeping on the floor" Kaoru mumbled, walking awkwardly down the stairs behind Hikaru.

" well, yeah. The floors ARE wooden after all"I laughed, setting a plate of sandwhiches down on the table. " not to mention you've gone and slept through breakfast"

" seriously!? what time is it?" Hikaru asked, sitting down at the 'sandwhich table'.

" nearly noon-thirty " I rolled my eyes " not to mention its time for you to get a watch"

" where's Haruhi?" Kaoru asked through a bite of sandwhich " and everyone else"

" everyone's outside having a chat while Haruhi is hanging sheets" I crossed my arms with a glare " meanwhile I'm stuck inside with you slumps"

" sorry"" they shrugged in unison.

" whatever, just eat quickly" I growled, stalking to the kitchen for a glass of juice.

I hurridly poured some applejuice in a small cup, then replaced the pitcher in the fridge and rushed back to the lobby.

" wow, I can't beleive its been so long" a voice laughed from the front door.

" yeah me either, oh yeah, guys- this is Arai, a friend of mine and Kessaku's from middle school" Haruhi stepped back, and I good fully veiw the new arrival from my spot near the kitchen.

' CRASH!'

I gazed open-mouthed at Arai as the whole lobby turned to look at me.

I shook my head and immediately got on my knees, trembling as I picked up the shattered remain of the glass I had been carrying.

" Hey, Kessaku! Let me help while Haruhi gets a mop okay?" Arai had walked over and bent down, smiling as he picked the glass shards as well.

I blushed, mumbling a quick 'thanks 'in response.

" here, brought the mop" Haruhi laughed, mopping up the orangey mess as Arai and I threw the glass peices away.

" my, my, what happened?" Misuzu-san called from the balcony above me.

" sorry.... Misuzu-san, I broke one if your glasses and spilled juice everywhere" I yelled back up to him.

" oh, my! Hold on a moment, I'll be right down" and with that, he retreated from the balcony and began to hurry downstairs.

" oh, boy. I'm gonna have to fast for weeks" I whispered to myself, testing the spot to make sure it wasn't sticky anymore.

" is everyone alright?" Misuzu-san ran up to us " nobody hurt?"

" no, no one but the glass" I laughed dryly, standing up from the floor.

" well, if nobody's injured then- oh, hello Arai, did you bring the cabbages today?"

" yeah" he laughed, holding up the large crate of cabbages

" alright, follow ne to the kitchen then" Misuzu buzzed of to the kitchen, Arai following quickky

" so, why did you drop the glass anyway?" Kaoru asked boredly, fiddling with the straw in his drink.

Haruhi laughed " you wouldn't beleive me if I told 'ya"

" well, thats good cause your not telling them, they can just buzz off" I blushed furiously, glaring at Haruhi.pointedly.

" well, Kessaku actually had a crush on Arai in middle school"Haruhi smiled.