Half a Dozen...Horses? Chapter 12.2...

So i wanted to finished chapter 12 a little differently so here is a weekly bonus for all fans hehe.  Also have have to throw out a special mention to XxForeverandAlwaysxX: who has kept me entertained throughout me writing this chapter, thanks hun

Enjoy xxx

~~~~~

Chapter 12.2…

Dani was walking away from the stables, chuckling to herself at Sam’s latest punch line, when she saw him.  Standing tall and proud, with his brilliant smile spread across his lips, at the bottom of the porch stairs.  Her eyes flickered back and forth between Mary and him, panic growing steadily through her as she took in the scene before her.  She was rooted to the spot, frozen in fear, as he removed his hat from his head and speak politely to Mary, she saw Mary smile pleasantly back at him as he spoke, unaware of the danger that was standing three feet from her.

As Dani stood there undecided on what to do she felt an arm slip around her waist and terror ripped through her.  A hand clamped her mouth shut before she could scream out for help, and blind panic took over. She kicked and screamed against the restraints as she was dragged back out of sight from the house.  A gruff voice was saying something to her but her brain was focused on getting away.  Kicking off the ground she managed to unbalance her captor and they both crashed backwards onto the hard ground knocking the wind out of him and releasing his hold on her.  Like a shot she was scrambling away back toward the house, hoping to get in view of Jim or George.  As she rounded the bend again a body dropped on top of her and rolled them back out of sight, before pinning her securely to the ground with their whole body weight as she struggled with all her might to get free.

“Dani, stop, it’s me Sam!”  He whispered fiercely in her ear.  He kept whispering to her till her brain caught up with the words and she exhausted herself.  “Dani, it’s me Sam, its ok I’m just trying to keep you out of sight.  I’m not going to hurt you.  It’s only me.”  When she finally stopped struggling Sam rolled them up into a sitting position and hugged her tightly as tremors ricocheted through her body.  

They stayed seated like that till they heard the car start up and drive away, only then did the fear begin to leave Dani’s body, the sound of footsteps pounding from around the corner had both Dani and Sam tensed again, until Jim came skidding around the corner.  Without even thinking Dani launched herself at him wrapping her arms and legs around him, practically knocking him over with the sheer focus of it, but he quickly caught hold of her and regained his balance as she clung to him for dear life. 

“I got you Dani girl!”  Jim muttered into her hair, he glanced over at Sam who was getting to his feet and dusting himself off with his hat.  When their eyes met Jim gave his brother a nod of gratitude, chucking the rifle at him with a sigh of relief.  Sam shrugged and nodded back before smacking his hat back on his head and walking off with the rifle balanced over his shoulder.

Putting Dani down, he checked her over quickly, wiping the dirt smears from her face.

“Are you ok?”  He asked once he was done, taking her face in his hands.

“Yea, I think I’m ok, that was ‘him’! 

“Yes I know Dani, but…”

“He came, I knew he would found me.”

“No Dani he hasn’t found you.  The plan is working out perfectly, you see…”  He said pointing towards the dust settling in the distance.  “He took the bait, he’s gone, it’s over, you can move on now.”

Dani looked between the road and Jim for a minute and then burst into tears, emotions running high with relief.

“Oh thank god, is you’re Mother ok, I mean she didn’t even know…”