Half a Dozen...Horses? Chapter 6...

So again this is unedited hope it is readable

Enjoy...

~~~~~

Chapter 6...

"Morning Sweetheart." George Smiled walking into the kitchen. "You look beautiful as always." He added kissing his wife lightly before moving to the coffee machine.

"Charmer!" Mary chuckled back. After getting his coffee he turned back to her.

"Care to tell me why our son and Dani are in the stables rolling around in the hay?"

"Really?" She replied coming over next to him to look out the window. "Looks to me like Dani's trying to kill him." She added lightly a few minutes later.

"Any particular reason why she's trying to kill him?" He asked glancing sideway to her before looking back at the scene in the stables.

"You tell me, George he's your son."

"Excuse me!" He laughed giving her his full attention.

"Just seems to me you would have a better idea, seeing as your son has the same stubbornness and attitude as you."

"What exactly are you trying to say, women?" He smiled putting his arm around her.

"I'm saying that whatever the reason, he probably deserves it." She giggled.

"Mmmm... Maybe!" They both turned back to watch Jim and Dani, who where not standing face to face shouting at each other.

"I don't think they've realized yet, have they?" Mary chuckled.

"No, no I wouldn't say they have."

"I mean the only time they're at peace is when they're asleep." George laughed at that and turned back to her.

"Why are they outside and not peacefully asleep anyway?"

"Now that, you're going to have to ask them!" With a kiss on his cheek she put her cup in the sink and disappeared upstairs to get dressed for the day.

George turned back to the window, watching as Jim towered over Dani's slender frame, she didn't back down from him, if anything she pushed him back with her glare as she spoke through a clenched jaw, challenging his stance and defiantly standing her ground.

"Well that's impressive!" He mused.

"What is?" Sam asked coming into the kitchen.

"See for yourself." George replied pointing out the window. Sam peered over his shoulder for a minute and then laughed.

"My money's on Dani." Sam laughed.

"So is mine."

Mary came back then and they set about getting breakfast going.

~~~~

They stood face to face glaring at each other, both breathing hard from exertion.

"You know what, you're not worth it." Dani finally snapped. "Clearly I'm some sort of amusement for you and your big head, but I will no longer be anyone's entertainment so you just stay the hell away from me, you hear me?" Dani push him away from her, knowing full well that he had let her and spun around to start back to the house.

"Dani stop, it's still pouring with rain, why don't you just stay here till it eases off a bit and warm up and get dry."

"Don't you get it, I don't want to be anywhere near you. As you can see I'm already as wet as I can get so I'll take my chances, thank you very much." She hissed emphasising the 'you'. Seconds later she was retracing her steps back to the house only this time she used the grass like Jim had done and made good progress. When she reached the porch she kicked off the pooling gum boots and pulled the slicker off over her head. She caught her reflection in the kitchen window and sucked in a sharp breath, she had hay sticking out all over, in her hair and her pyjama's, with a cursed at Jim she began trying to pull it out but gave up about two minutes later and made her way into the kitchen instead.