Half a Dozen... Horses Chapter 11...

So here is chapter 11...  i'm not completely happy with it so will probably change it a little later to make it flow a little better.  Let me know what you all think.

Otherwise enjoy

~~~~~

Chapter 11…

After dinner that night, Dani was laying on her stomach scrolling through pages of information, while Jim lay against the headboard, flicking through channels looking for something to watch.

“This is useless, hundreds of channels and nothing to watch.”  He groaned.  “How you getting on?”  He asked rolling over onto his stomach next to her.  “Wow, is that your Mother?”

“Yes!”

“She’s hot!”  Jim laughed as Dani punched him on the arm.

“That’s my Mother!  You pig!”

“Hey, you take after her though.” He smiled kissing her on the check.

“Oh nice save, cowboy.”  Dani laughed before turning back to the screen.

“Anything on your Dad?”

“Yea, that’s a picture of him.”  Dani said switching between windows.  “I’m trying to find out what happened to their ranches after they died.  Hopefully I have some family still there but so far there’s nothing, so far it looks like there are no Kennedi’s left in this area.  My Mother’s Mother is still alive apparently, she lives in Houston though.”

“Well, just because they not on the internet doesn’t mean they not out there.”  Jim chuckled pulling her towards him. “You could always ask the sheriff, I reckon he knows just about everyone in Lexington. Oh man…he would know about your parent’s death, can you imagine how this is going to blow his mind, when he finds out you’re the missing four year old.” He laughed kissing her neck.  “A Beautiful, missing four year old.”

“There you go again with that cowboy charm.” She replied rolling her eyes.  “I’ll call the Sheriff tomorrow, hopefully he’s had a chance to get my things from my apartment.”

“Maybe.”

“I wonder how Carly’s doing?”  She wandered a few minutes later.

“Who’s Carly?”

“She’s a girl I worked with at the diner.  Funny actually she’s dating one of…well ‘his’ friends, who isn’t actually a bad guy, even though we were never really friends I miss her.  The evening before … everything, she just hugged me real close and told me she would do anything to help if I needed it.  God even she knew something was going to happen, why didn’t I?” She sighed as a single tear ran down her cheek.

“Dani girl, don’t do this to yourself.”  Jim soothed using his thumb to wipe away the tear.  “You want to believe the best of people, there is nothing wrong with that, he also meant something to you, which means you wanted to believe it even more, he’s the idiot Dani, he’s lost something unbelievable, you Dani!  But his lose is my gain, I’m going to make sure you never feel you have to doubt again, not with me Dani.”

Dani had tears flowing down her cheeks now as she looked at Jim, tears of happiness.  She flung her arms around Jim with so much focus they toppled off the edge of the bed.  Jim instantly adjusted himself, taking the brunt of the impact as they fell, cradling Dani on top of him.  When they landed he had the wind knocked out of him by Dani’s body, but before he could recover she was kissing him.  Gasping for breathe he held her up away from him.

“One… sec Dani girl…need to…breathe.”  He chuckled, sucking in a deep breath. She gave him all over 15 seconds, before she kissed him again.  He flipped them over on the carpeted floor and held himself over her with one arm and wiped the tears from her face.