Half a Dozen...Horses? Chapter 24..p2

Ok so here is the second part to complete the chapter, we are so close now to the end i can't wait to see how the story finishes.  lol jk i know how it ends but we are not far from it ppl.  But for the mean time let me know your thoughts etc and keep the votes coming in.  Thanks all xxx

~~~~~~

Jim left Dani rooms a few minutes later and headed downstairs into the living room to find his father.  George was standing in front of the large windows that looked over the meadows beyond, as he walked in George turned around to face him for a brief second before returning his gaze outside.

“What’s up Dad?”  Jim asked flopping down into one of the arm chairs.

“Well, I just wanted to have a chat with you regarding everything that is going on and also a little about what Dani learned about today, her home and this new evidence.”  George replied turning away from the window and taking a seat in the other arm chair.

“Yea about that,” Jim said leaning forward into his seat.  “I have a few ideas that I’m mulling over in my head and maybe it’s a good idea to get Dani away from here for a little while, go somewhere that no one knows her.

“Yes I can see where your mind is going but that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about right now.”  George responded looking keenly at his son.

“Well then what do you want to talk about?” Jim said frowning in confusion.

“Well, your Mom and I had a little chat earlier and we would like to know what exactly is going on with you and Dani?  I mean have you thought about what is going to happen once this is all over.”

“Omg Dad really, you want to know about our relationship at a time like this?”  Jim snapped jumping to his feet.  “Don’t you think I have enough to worry about?  Of course I love her of course I want to be with her, but right now I need to focus on keeping her alive.”  Jim shouted pacing towards the door.  “It’s not like there is just one threat, I have two threats coming at her from completely different angles…”

“Jim that’s not what I’m referring too.”  George interrupted calming looking back at him from his chair.

“Then what?”

“I’m talking about what Dani wants and indirectly what you want.  I mean it’s all well and good for her to stay here, but pretty soon she is going to want go to her own ranch and get everything up and running, I mean it’s her right after everything that has happened, you can’t deny her that.”

“Oh yeah I know, and yes I have thought about it...a bit.”  Jim sighed sitting down again.

“Have you thought about how the separation from you is going to affect her when she does decide to leave?”  George urged gently.  “I mean that woman is completely in love with you Jim and not only that but she is attached to you on a much deeper level than just love.  Both of you just can’t seem to not be around each other.”

“That’s ridiculous, we are both fully capable of been apart.”  Jim put in.

“Oh yes of course I’m not saying that you are attached at the hip, but your Mom and I have been watching both of you and even after you two have been apart for a few hours,"  George said sighing, "You both seems to start gravitating back towards each other.”

“So?  What’s wrong with that, we love each and we want to be around each other, so what?”  Jim threw back, again on the defensive.  George just stared back at him with a knowing look on his face and chuckled to himself.

“Dad stop laughing, I love that girl.  If that means I hang around her like some love sick puppy, as long as she doesn’t mind then there is nothing that will stop me.”  Jim shouted getting up to leave.