Half a Dozen...Horses? Chapter 8...

Right so.... this is your warning that some of this may be a bit brutal please do not read this if your easily offended, i do not mean to offend anyone but this is all fictional and part of the story. if necessary i will remove the parts out and put them in a separate section. but its not too bad.

otherwise please enjoy and let me know if everything came across clear and understandable as i'm a little nervous about this chapter

regards

Shy xx

~~~~~~

Chapter 8...

"Interview reconvened at 14:15, persons present: Sheriff Kevin Roberts, Dani and Jim Doyle. Dani whenever you're ready, just take you're time and if you need a break let me know."

Dani looked over to Jim who smiled weakly at her and squeezed her hand in encouragement, before looking back to the Sheriff with a gulp and took a deep breath.

"Well like I said I broke up with Devon on early Saturday morning and then went to work at about 12. My shift ended at 6 and I was trying to put a plan together to get out of Lexington." Dani felt Jim tense next to her at Devon's name but with a quick glance at him she continued. "A few minutes before my shift ended he came in and asked to speak to me, I agreed knowing I didn't have much of a choice and I asked Carly if I could head off early. I went and sat with him at the back of the diner and I admit I was expecting the worst, but he shocked me, he apologized and begged for a second chance, he sounded genuinely sincere and I wanted to believe him, looking back now I should have known better but at the time I was sucked in by sheer relief and agreed to give it another go, saying he would have to prove himself."

"Seriously?" Jim groaned.

"What you have no idea how believable he was!" Dani replied defending herself.

"Yea but you keep telling us how dangerous he is and you fall for that?"

"I know, but can't explain it, I'm sorry!" Dani whispered back, tears filling her eyes.

"Shit, no I'm sorry, I didn't mean..."

"Guys, perhaps you can talk about that later, right now let's stick to the facts."

"Right sorry!" Jim replied for them putting his arm around Dani's shoulders.

"Ok... so mmm, we went back to my apartment so I could get ready, he was supposed to be taking me out for dinner as an apology. He sat waiting as I showered and then lead me to the car, opened the door, he was the absolute prefect gentlemen. We had driven for about and hour or so when we turned onto this little dirt road. We pulled over cause of this weird rattling sound coming from the back of the car. Devon got out to check what it was and after a few minute he called me and asked me to help him." She took a deep breath and squeezed her eyes closed. Jim pulled her even closer sensing the change coming.

"It's alright Dani, I'm here nothings going to happen to you, and you are completely safe." Jim reassured her.

"Ok... ok." She shivered slightly and took another deep breath. "I got out and went around to help, when I got there, another car pulled up behind us, and that's when he hit me. I fell over backwards and rolled down this incline, I could hear them laughing and knew I was in trouble..." Dani's mind travelled back to the night and felt the terror and panic that had encompassed her that night. In the back ground she squeezed Jims hand but her mind remained back on that fateful night. She had picked herself up off the ground and turned towards the trees and run heading for the thickest part of the forest she could see, they had caught up with her in minutes..., Dani mentally paused, shuddering and skipping forwarded resumed the replay..., they had pushed her back to the ground kicking her in the stomach as they laughed at her screams. She had tried to crawl away on one occasion when they had stopped for a minute to mock her. One of the guys had grabbed her by the back of her jacket pulling her to her feet but she had slipped out of it and ran, tossing her bag to one side to ease her escape but one of Devon's goons had caught up with her ahead of the others he pinned her down with his body and ripped at her shirt before moving back to start on her shorts, Devon and the other arrived then laughing and pulled him off her. Devon told him to wait his turn, as he pulled the guy off her she had snapped off on of her heels. Another of the guys had slapped her through the face when she tried to run again. As he grabbed her she had stabbed him hard in the neck. Immediately he released her and that was when it got really bad. He was a big guy and he dragged her by the hair back to the others. When Devon saw what she had done, he just held her up and punched her over and over changing hands when she crumbled into a pile, trying to cover her head with her arms. He had ripped off her other shoe, twisting her ankle cruelly as he did, and threw it aside to prevent her using it as a weapon. His friends had pulled her up and held her by the arms between them, as she screamed and sobbed Devon and the fourth guy had beaten her, breaking her skin as they worked her over. The guy she had stabbed pulled out a knife when they dropped her and tried to cut she shorts off her, but she had fought back so fiercely going for his neck repeatedly until he stood back and just kicked her between the legs again and again. They dragged her deeper into the forest after the four of them had kicked her till she began losing consciousness, she could feel the blood running down the back of her neck and down her arm. Dani remembered thinking she was going to die right then and didn't want to go on anymore, pain ripped through her entire body and she had an underlying fear that they were going to rape her as soon as she feel unconscious, so she fought to stay awake, fighting the black haze that was surround her eyes. She began pleading with Devon to stop, but he simply laughed and slapped her back in response. One of the guys had moaned that the other had ruined her, her shorts were covered in blood from where they had kicked her. With groans of disgust they continued to hit her harder, eventually she had given in to the darkness fully believing she was dying and she had given up hope.