Half a Dozen...Horses? Chapter 24...Version 1

Right so this is version one, completely unedited, i think i was going through some kind of high tech thought process.

If you want this one in the story please vote or comment, most populer version stays in the story

Thanks All

Shy xxx

~~~~~

Version 1

Dani's eyes travelled around the room, a hidden basement, a room with no windows leading to the outside world. Jim stood just to the left of her with his hand still resting on the light switch. The room was completely bare of any furniture, no pictures on the walls, no carpet on the floor, nothing except a waist height pedestal that extended out of the concrete floor about two steps in front of them and the wall opposite them was completely black and reflected back at them like some sort of mirror.

"Right well I feel like I have just stepped onto the set of minority report or something," Jim stated.

"What is it?" Dani asked, frozen as she watched her reflection looking back at her.

"A mirror?" Jim asked, cocking his head to the side.

"An odd place to put a mirror wouldn't you say, I mean look at it, its black."

"Hey, I'm only guessing here." Jim shrugged.

Dani took a step towards the pedestal. "There's a screen on this thing," she said putting her finger to the small screen. "Maybe it's some..."

"Welcome Back Miss Dani." A voice boomed loudly, filtering in through hidden speakers around the room, making her jump clean out of her skin.

"What the fuck?" Jim shouted, grabbing Dani's arm and pulling her away from the panel.

"It's been eighteen years, three months and twenty six day since your last visit. How may I help you today?"

"Shit really? I have never been down here before." Dani gasped casting Jim a confused look.

"I assure you Miss Dani, my records are accurate."

"Who the hell are you?" Dani shouted back feeling rather idiotic shouting into an empty room.

"My name is Bob." Came the reply.

"Ok, what exactly are you?"

"In simple layman's terms as your father would suggest, I am your home security system." Dani's eye widened as Jim released a rush of air, relaxing his grip on Dani's arm.

"And what exactly are you protecting?" Dani asked looking around her again.

"Ah, well I'm afraid if you don't know the answer to that question you should not be down here. Good-bye"