Half a Dozen...Horses? Chapter 20...

So new chapter all - this is unedited, i am seemly writing and uploading straight away so i can get it ut to u quicker will be editing it all afterwards

So enjoy

xx

~~~~~~

Chapter 20...

Aunt Lesley led them into her tidy great hall and after seating them, made her way into the kitchen and came waltzing back with a tray of lemonade and cookies.  Jim graciously accepted his drink but after only an initial taste left it sitting on the table as he kept his gaze out the window looking over the horizon.

"You know for all intents and purposes I would have assumed that the view was better in this room then out there, but I guess I'm old and my eye sight's not what it used to be. The corner of Jim's lips twitched upwards at that but he didn't move his gaze.  Earning him, yet again, another frown.

"Well, out with it then Dani, before I'm forced to get my shotgun to defend your honour, myself, I mean there's control and then there's..."

"A few months ago a man called Devon Kemp beat me to within an inch of my life and left me to die in the woods, that runs alongside Jim's Ranch, to date they have yet to catch him, and he's now determined to silence me as I have the evidence that can put him away for life!"  Dani spoke clearly and without any emotion, the words rang true and precisely to the point making even Jim flinch next to her.  Aunt Lesley sat across from her, mouth agape, frozen in stunned silence. "So now you can see why Jim is the way he is, and I wouldn't want him any other way." At that Jim turned from the window and gave her hand a squeeze.  He seemed to be trying to read how her words were effecting her, trying to see if he needed to intervene, take over, but Dani knew that it was needed to be said and had rushed to get it out in one go. She sent him a smile that she hope conveyed that she was fine, but Jim knew how much speaking the word out loud would affect her, even if she was determined to hide it, but he let it go with a small nod and turned to Aunt Lesley for damage control.

Aunt Lesley stared back at them for ages, before she stood up.  She walked over to a desk in the corner, pulling out a piece of paper and a pen.  "His name was Devon Kemp right?"  She asked looking over at Dani with her pen poised over the paper.  At Dani's nod she wrote something down and came back and sat down again.  "Now I want you to forget about that despicable man."  It was Jim and Dani's turn to frown this time.

"What do you mean?"  Jim asked immediately.

"I mean son that, Aunt Lesley here, is going to track that man down and rip his balls from their sockets and make sure he never harms another person again in his life."   The absolute finality in her tone had Jim roaring with laughter.  "This is no laughing matter Son!"

"No ma'am, I am completely aware of that, I just realise what a perfect asset you would have been to my squad."  He smiled politely back at her.

"Oh?"  She asked flicking her eyes to Dani.

"Ma'am would you mind if I joined you men with that Stallion they are trying to broke in, it will give me a chance to get to know your men and also check on the perimeter?"   Jim asked getting to his feet as he changed the subject.  "It will give you ladies a change to catch up."

"Oh of course not son, please feel free, Dani is in good hands with me."  

"Yes ma'am of that I have no doubt."  Jim swooped down to Dani gave her a gentle kiss on the lips and then strolled confidently out of the house, leaving the women staring after him.  Aunt Lesley walked over to the window and watched his progress across the yard towards her men.

"My, my I do say that he in one fine piece of male yumminess.  When he went all 'Respect my authority' earlier I seriously thought I was going to swoon.   She giggled turning back to Dani.