(32) Boy In Love

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 32::

BOY IN LOVE

•ღ•

-YOUR POV-

"Hey."

"Hey."

I greeted back, stepping inside the vacant Art room, finding a seat in front of the numerous canvases, the smell of acrylics and wood enveloping my senses. I looked around, seeing nothing has changed much since I last came, when Jungkook apologized to me, that is.

As usual, it was only him and I there, the other members having their own businesses to attend to. Jungkook was positioned on a horizontal cabinet, slightly seated on it. He eyed me as I got to work on my designated easel, painting away a surreal landscape of a pastel forest.

His gaze burned through me, while I tended my focus to the sunlight streaming in from the enormous lines of windows, giving me inspiration. Oddly, it was a cold day, even when the sun was shining brightly.

"You're quiet," I uttered, "I'm just admiring you paint." He said.

The atmosphere was anything but sublime, but it was suitable nonetheless. It was comfortable, but I knew Jungkook had something to say.

"How was Jimin's recital? That asshole didn't bother inviting me to it." Jungkook said with slight feigned hurt, I smiled a bit, "It was great. He was great. You should've seen him, your best friend sounded like a true pianist. I was so proud of him." I gushed and I heard him breathed out a sound of bliss.

"That's good to hear, he worked really hard for that performance." Jungkook said, and I knew a smile was brimming on his face.

We then stayed in silence after our brief conversation, with me painting and with him watching. After some while of silence, I spoke up, "You're not going to paint?"

"About that..." He started, which caught my attention. I knew this was what he wanted to talk about for a while now. For the first time since I arrived, I turned in my seat and faced him, "Yeah?"

Jungkook got up from his seat, approaching me. I laughed a bit once he was in front of me, his wide smile showing his bunny teeth. He folded his arms across his chest and tilted his head up to the side, seemingly in thought, "Should I really tell you though?"

I rolled my eyes, slapping his chest a bit before crossing my arms as well, "Just spill, will you?"

"Well," He trailed off, pausing as he directed his gaze to me, "Remember the Painting Gallery our seniors were talking about?"

"Yeah?" I quirked an eyebrow, a small grin making its way to my lips. Jungkook breathed in, looking down for a bit before ultimately bringing his head back up, smiling brightly.

"I got an offer to feature my paintings in the Art Exhibit!" He announced with the widest smile I've seen on him for a long time.

Gone were the terrifying aura and stoic demeanor emitted from this troublemaking freshman in front of me, his usual menacing and unapproachable gaze were overpowered by the happiness he felt from his passion being an opportunity for his exposure.