(18) She Cares, He Cares

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 18::

SHE CARES, HE CARES

•ღ•

-THIRD PERSON POV-

Yoongi seethed, befitted with the agitation that would release too much of haze for him to think straight. His basketball: all beloved from the game he's always played, from a passion he's always hindered himself from realizing; now currently his mode of destruction, his medium of frustration.

He couldn't get what his hyung said out of his head.

"Be nicer to her."

He then shouted out in rage, his mere vocal irritation overpowering the intense ringing of the school bell. He skipped third period and it was already lunch.

"Why the hell do you care so much for her?"

The ball that was lying immobile on the concrete floor was disrupted by Yoongi's kick, powerful to engulf it in a rush of wind before it hit the hoop post. It rolled subtly forward from the force.

"Why do you care so much to ask about her, Yoongi?"

Yoongi growled, thinking about Jin's words, "I don't give a damn about that girl."

Even saying it out loud wasn't enough. He wanted to run, scream, punch, hit. He needed to release. So that was perfect for Yoongi, because he was quick-tempered, impulsive, and explosive.

His feet naturally paced themselves, his body moving in-sync with the wind, his sweat building up, his face scrunched up in a scowl. One running jump to the hoop. That's all he needed. An imaginary dunk, one he's done time and time before.

Although emotions can cloud judgment, and rage can impair routine.

Yoongi didn't know if it was a slip of the hand or his foot, his grip or his stance. His eyes widened when the familiar hoop was slippery from his sweat when he grabbed onto it.

A thud resonated in the outdoor court. Yoongi lost his grip and came right back down. His feet were supposed to land on the ground, but instead, his feet landed on the spherical basketball under the hoop, on the ground. Once he fell onto the basketball, he slipped and came crashing to the ground.

Yoongi let his arm carry his weight, and ultimately, his right arm was harshly scratched against the concrete. His skin covered in a bloody open wound that had Yoongi wincing and hissing as he lied on the ground.

"Fuck me." He cursed, glaring at his beloved basketball.

•ღ•

The hallway was almost empty, but Yoongi's thoughts were full.

Everyone was probably either in the cafeteria or the field, everyone except for two.

Yoongi had bumped into someone, now normally, that wouldn't matter to any person whom was bumped. The reason was because it's a hallway: crowded, busy, and unintentional. But the hallway was empty, so there was no excuse for Yoongi to do that.