(24) Stay With Me

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 24::

STAY WITH ME

•ღ•

-YOUR POV-

It was the day of the Fireworks Show.

I gazed at the ticket clasped between my fingers with a small smile, thinking back to Taehyung's invitation a few days ago.

That was when I heard the doorbell ring.

I shot up from the seat on my couch, hurriedly going towards the front door, I let out a cautious breath, fixing my blouse for good measure. It's probably Taehyung and Hoseok, I thought.

I swung the door open with an enormous smile, yet when I saw who was at the front door, I couldn't help but feel my eyes grow wide.

"Jimin," His name fell off my lips so effortlessly, yet so hesitantly.

In response, he smirked as he leaned on the doorframe of my home, arms crossed. I gave Jimin a one-over unconsciously, I then noticed how he was leather-clad. I met his eyes once more, "Hey," He said. "What are you doing here?" I asked, Jimin then pushed himself off the doorframe, and that was when he seemed to tower over me as he eyed me with a soft, yet fiery gaze.

"I'm here to pick you up," He gestures behind his back with his thumb, pointing at a motorcycle. "Oh." Was the only word that came out of my mouth.

Jimin chuckled, "Disappointed?" No, nervous. "I was just expecting Taehyung and Hoseok since they were the ones who invited me."

"Well, you got me, now c'mon, we don't want to catch traffic, do we?" Jimin then strolled behind me, grabbed my shoulders, and started pushing me forward as I locked the door to my house. Jimin led me to his motorcycle, and I admired the bike with awe.

As Jimin was still behind me, he reached over for a spare helmet in front of me, causing my body to tense. At this, I heard Jimin chuckle airily as his skin brushed against mine. I turned around so I would be facing him, opening my mouth to utter something.

Before I could say anything, however, Jimin plopped the helmet on my head, with only my eyes being seen. He smiled as he adjusted it on me, and I frowned at his treatment like I was a kid who never rode a motorcycle.

"Hop on," I did as I was told and soon enough, I was holding onto Jimin's waist rather lightly, afraid of too much contact. "Jeez, Y/N, your touch is like a feather's, hold on tighter, you might fall."

I gulped, mustering up the courage as I hugged Jimin's waist, immediately coming to the realization that I was feeling his abs. I cursed in my mind.

Wow, Cupid's on a roll today, isn't she?

As we drove off to the city square, I asked a certain query to Jimin, "How did you know my address?"

Jimin laughed loudly, the motorcyle's continuous revving matching his chortle, "I stalked you, of course, what else? See, I followed you home one day and crept into your room while you were asleep. Then, of course, I rummaged through your drawers and took your—" I hit Jimin at the back of his helmet with no restraint, "Seriously."