(19) Mystic

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 19::

MYSTIC

•ღ•

-YOUR POV-

"You've been getting close with Jiminnie-hyung lately..." I pouted, turning my head to the left to gaze at a mumbling Jungkook as he gnawed on his juice box straw.

"Jimin? He's actually a pretty decent guy, Kook." I said as I shrugged, having no idea why Jungkook was being so whiny about my new found friendship with his best friend.

"And Taehyung-hyung too!" Jungkook abruptly said, glaring at me as his frown only deepened.

I was taken aback, "How did y-"

Jungkook crossed his arms, "Oh c'mon, every time I remotely mention your name to him, he grows silent and like blushes— or whatever you call it!"

I snorted, "You mention me to your friends?"

He growled, "That's not the point!"

Then he abruptly added, "Oh and don't get me started with Jin-hyung!"

I raised an eyebrow mockingly, "You're speaking as if I'm making out with Sunbae, Kook."

Jungkook's eyes widened, "Are you?"

My face naturally contorted into a scowl, "Boi, what you on about?"

Jungkook sighed in relief, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Yoongi-hyung doesn't like you and Joon-hyung doesn't really care—"

As he said that, I looked back on yesterday's run-in with Yoongi about his wound and what happened with Namjoon in class after school about two weeks ago.

Maybe Jungkook doesn't know everything after all.

"But Hobi-hyung," My head turned to Jungkook when he mentioned Hoseok's name, ending my train of thought, "What about Hoseok?"

"It's like you and Hobi-hyung are strangers. Have you ever even met?"

Jungkook's words sort of hit me. Yes, me and Hoseok have met. We've had actual conversations two times already. Truth be told, our talk on the rooftop at lunch about a month ago really stuck with me.

But I knew almost nothing about him. And he knew almost nothing about me.

"We aren't strangers, but we aren't friends either. We're on good terms though, I think. I'd say we're... acquaintances?"

Jungkook chuckled, "Hobi-hyung doesn't have "acquaintances". It's either you're his friend or a stranger."

My eyebrows furrowed, "No room for enemies?" Jungkook solemnly shook his head as a small smile played on his lips, "Hoseok-hyung will never stoop as low as me. Sure, he isn't a saint, but he's got it better even if his life is rough."

"What does that mean?" I questioned, growing more and more intrigued about a mysterious man named Jung Hoseok.

"I don't know if you noticed, but Hoseok-hyung is incredibly intelligent. Believe it or not, even more than Namjoon-hyung." I nodded my head at that, I've noticed it as I looked back on the way he reasoned, the way he spoke, and the way he thought.