1. Grey Eyes

"Cecilia!"

So, there I was. Sitting on my bed with my legs folded and arms propped up behind me, staring at the full-length mirror on my wall. Really, this should all be perfunctory. I should be shrugging off all this nervousness that was supposed to have dissipated five years ago and hauling my arse out the door and into life.

But, no. Instead I'm sitting here unmoving and completely apprehensive about the fact that... goddamn, I actually have to go to school.

"Cecilia!"

Yeah, no. Not a truant. Not mentally deficient. Not even a typical first year. I'm just-

"Hello? Cecilia, you're going to be late!" My hands shake me out of my dazed stupor, my eyes peer at me, and my voice calls out loudly, "Will you please stop zoning out and get out of the cab? You're going to miss the train!"

I pull myself out of my thoughts and back into reality.

The taxi had pulled up to King's Cross Station and my twin sister was trying to push me out of the back seat.

Unsuccessfully, as I might add.

"Alright, alright, Sonata! Will you just chill--and stop pushing me, geez!" I reply hastily, shielding myself with my arms. "I know you're all excited to get to Fu Shu, but cut me some slack! You have, what, over an hour to get there?"

Sonata goes to the Fu Shu School of Magick and Arts all the way in China where my dad works for the Ministry of Magic in the Auror Department. Pretty far away from our quaint home in London, but my mum insisted. Keep the Chinese tradition and whatnot.

"You should be the one all excited, Cecilia!" she says animatedly. "It's going to be your first day at Hogwarts!"

She flashes me such a brilliant and over-eager smile that I actually have to hold back a laugh. Even though we look identical, sometimes it still baffles me how she can make my face look so insanely gleeful.

I just shrug. "I'm inwardly excited," I reply blithely. "Plus, I still have a few minutes before the train leaves-"

"All the more reason for you to get on and socialize!" She reaches over me to pull on the door handle and pushes me out of the cab. "Go! Skedaddle!"

"What, I--"

"Got your ticket? Here's your trunk!"

"Hey, you can't just--"

"And the rest of your bags!"

"What the--"

"Oh, and you forgot your jacket! Alright, got your stuff? Okay, love you, bye!" And with that, my dear (loving?) sister slams the cab door and they drive off, leaving me by the roadside with my trunk half-off the curb and my hoodie thrown over my head.

Blimey, it's incredible how much I let her off for.

I pick up my trunk and scattered bags off the floor and slowly turn to face King's Cross Station. "Well... it's now or never," I breathe out as I begin making my way towards the platform.

And that's surprisingly easy to do considering that I'm an unassisted, somewhat small fifteen-year-old girl with sub-par arm strength. Well, easy enough until I get to...

The stairs.

The bloody stairs.

"Holy crap," I gasp out as I heave my trunk up the steps. "I knew I should have paid attention during my Muggle Studies lessons! Then at least I'd know how to use the bloody elvalator--wait... eletavor...?" I pause. "OH, ELEVATOR.  I'm an idiot."