E I G H T

08A   T E A   F O R   T W O

08
A   T E A   F O R   T W O

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

   REST WAS NOT ON HIS SIDE. He had ended up staying up the rest of the day, only getting a total of six hours of sleep in twenty-four hours. His time awake had involved taking aspirins and drinking lots of water, hoping his pain could swell down.

The weather wasn't as humid as he expected it to be. It had showered last night and that morning, and Levi had expected it to be completely muggy. The sun was out, occasionally being covered by the dark clouds that still lingered in the sky, and it gave it the perfect opportunity for it to be absolutely disgusting. He knew it was going to rain again with the thunder rumbling, threatening to cause a downpour.

The concrete was still a dark gray with the water and tiny puddles still lingering, the grass looked moist, as did the soil that drew more attention than the grass. There wasn't much of a difference than the last time he had returned there.

Levi spotted a bench with a roof over it near the one where he last sat in. No one was there, so he made his over, believing she'd most likely appear there considering that's where they had departed last time.

Once he sat down, he heaved a sigh. He was thankful that the bench had a roof to avoid the seat getting wet. He slid his hands into the pockets of his sweater. From the lack of sleep he'd gotten, he felt worse. His muscles never recovered and they, in fact, felt worse than they had been.

Levi had gotten there eleven minutes early. He just wanted to get everything over with so he could speak to Erwin about the community service. His rage still boiled within him, furious at the outcome of the entire situation.

He clenched the box of cigarettes in his pockets as he grew frustrated. Levi scoffed bitterly, closing his eyes as he knitted his eyebrows together. He felt his anger and emotions begin to worsen along with the pain, all beckoning to light up a cigar to be able to find some release in his anger. If he wasn't meeting his boss, he would have already lit one up.

Levi released the box and tried to stay relaxed, and keep his short temper under control. If he let it out on Irene, he'd lose the job. It was something he most definitely did not need.

It felt like hours had passed as he waited. By then, the downpour had already begun. He constantly checked the time, and once it was five past twelve, Levi knew Irene would be late.

He tapped his fingers impatiently, beginning to grow irked at the fact she, his boss and the person who had told him to arrive there, was running late. It made his jaw clench.

It wasn't until it was half past twelve, just as Levi began to leave, was when she arrived.

Irene panted, her caramel hair tied back into a messy low ponytail. Visible sweat beads—or perhaps raindrops—glistened on the spots where her forehead was revealed. Her hair looked a bit damp as if she was momentarily caught in the rain before she pulled out her umbrella. Unlike Levi—who expected to leave quickly—, who only had the hood of his sweater to shield him from the crying sky.