T W E N T Y - T H R E E

23E P I P H A N Y

23
E P I P H A N Y

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

TIME SEEMED TO GO FASTER. It first went by slowly; Levi had gotten to his small, shared apartment and just went to his bed after getting changed. He didn't bother to shower or put on pajamas as he normally did, he just removed everything but his boxer shorts and just laid on his bed. Time clicked slowly for him at that moment, his mind replayed the events with Irene and the time he recalled holding her, he grew frustrated with himself for feeling something.

She had re-wrote the schedule two days later. A part of him was glad he got back to working for the money he needed; the other part, he wanted to see her. He hadn't spoken to her the day after he'd gone over to her apartment, and he had grown a bit uneasy. He would lift his phone up, wanting nothing more than to message her to assure she was fine, but he sent nothing and received nothing.

Once he got back to working, he couldn't focus. He could, but couldn't. He was able to unload, set everything up, and reload everything back into the van. Yet, it seemed to happen so fast for him. The time he got with her just soared away. He couldn't understand why it felt like that. Before, it felt like hours being dragged on, now it was different.

The day the two first went back to work, Irene greeted him as if nothing ever happened. Smiling brightly, but it didn't quite meet her hazel eyes. She still appeared weary, but her bubbly energy shooed away her exhaustion.

He had asked if she remembered what happened, if she recalled him getting her drunk. She only shrugged, replying with words he remembered so vividly, "blurs here and there, but thank you, Levi, for helping me out."

For some reason, her words lingered in the back of his mind. He felt a bit frustrated at how it did. Not just towards that, but at how she couldn't remember much. He couldn't discover if he felt thankful or disappointed over it; how he remembered their moment together and she didn't.

Irene went on with everything, as if nothing changed. The only difference was that she seemed overworked; she'd always call people, check her emails, and was just constantly on her phone. She wouldn't help him as much with setting things up due to that.

It felt as if she didn't even have time to have a conversation with him. Their lack of words exchanged bothered him. Despite working with her, it felt like she wasn't even there. It felt like since she took him to the buffet, everything changed.

Before he knew it, it was already late September. For weeks it felt like everything had happened so quickly, and he hated it. Everyday was the same, and once she said a quick goodbye, and he got to the apartment, everything seemed to slow back down.

He remembered arriving to his home, a bag of groceries in his hands that he got with his recent paycheck. He'd walked to the kitchen and there was Furlan, back with another set of fruits causing Levi roll his eyes.