T H R E E

03F O R C E F U L   O P T I O N S

03
F O R C E F U L O P T I O N S

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

LEVI KEPT HIS GAZE FIXED ON THE CLOUDY DAY. There wasn't enough for rain, but enough to keep decent shade. Enough for it to cover the sun that tried to peak through the pale-grey clouds. Even as it covered it, rays still peaked through, something that didn't help with horrid weather.

The beginning of August, still summer. It was disgustingly humid and it showed. The muggy weather was visible in the air, looking like fog. It was sticky and just in general, something Levi hated. He hated how it felt on his skin, even if the majority of the time he wore long sleeves.

Levi removed the cigar that hung from his lips. As he exhaled, all the smoke left. With that breath, his stiff body relaxed the most it could. He pressed his lips together before quickly releasing them.

He pressed his back on the wall of the alleyway, eyes averting away from the sky and to the wall in front of him. It was a constant rotation to the sky, wall, and to his phone. It vibrated every time he had removed his eyes off it. He knew exactly who it was from, it's why he didn't bother to read the messages. His eyes rolled and he placed the cancer stick between his lips.

Hanji knew this was the time he'd usually smoke, it's why she'd blow up his phone to prevent him from taking as many puffs as he normally did. It occasionally worked. He had tried to switch up the times, but she always somehow discovered the new one in two days. And Levi refused to not have a schedule for it.

As he removed the cigarette from his lips, he released an exasperated sigh. He dug into his pocket and pulled out his phone, scrolling through the messages the glasses wearing woman has spammed him with. They were all just random words, each one to prevent him from smoking.

He closed his eyes and rubbed them with his fingertips. The sounds of the vibration had given him a headache, as well as the revolting scent of the cigarette. He had to admit, he didn't like the smell one bit. It was disgusting and intoxicating like it was poisonous, which is was.

His eyes opened and he let it fall out of his hands, placing his shoe over it and putting it out. Levi looked down at it, eyeing how much he had wasted. It was half of it which seemed decent to him. At the same time, it displeased him considering how much he had spent on them. They ranged from almost 430 to as far as 460 yen.

Rubbing his eyes, he heaved a sigh. Now that he finished smoking, he needed head back to his apartment to shower and head to the job interview.

He left the alleyway and began to make his way to the apartment complex that was only a few blocks away. With his hands shoved in his pocket, he ignored his surroundings, finding no interest in prying into others lives. Levi acted as if he was the only person in the world by doing so.