T W E L V E

12R E S E A R C H

12
R E S E A R C H

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

LEVI'S NOSE SCRUNCHED UP underneath his surgical mask. Through it, he could still smell the disgusting scent of the strange rice, mash potatoes, beans, and soup.

"Try to at least smile with your eyes," the boy next to him whispered as he shot him a quick look. "It's already enough that you're wearing that mask; you're scaring them away with those cold and hard eyes of yours."

"How about you mind your own business before I shove this down your throat," Levi threatened, scowling at the young boy next to him as he tightened his grip on the large spoon in his hand.

He tensed, quickly looking away. The boy continued to smile at the people that came to get their food, but it was weaker and tighter than before. Levi noticed that he was the youngest one among them. It made him wonder what he had done.

"Is this gluten-free?" asked the man in front of Levi. His plate already had the soup, mash potatoes, and rice.

"What?" Levi questioned, glancing at the food he was in charge of serving.

"The beans," the man continued, his plate moving forward to show what he meant. "Wheat can sometimes be added to the beans. Gluten is-"

"I know what gluten is," Levi interrupted, narrowing his eyes. "Just take the beans," he said, grabbing a spoon full and dumping them onto the man's plate. The splatting sound made him scoff in disgust.

"Mr. Ackerman, a word, please. Eren, take over."

Levi dropped the spoon in the puddle of beans. He shot a glare towards Eren. The boy had already begun to apologize for Levi, stating that he didn't know what he was doing. It made his eyes roll at how hard he tried.

He made his way over to the tall man who held a clipboard. He was his patrol officer that was supposed to help keep an eye on Levi. The man was put in charge of making sure he didn't get into any more trouble.

"Levi, you need to get your temper under control," Mike advised gravely. Levi glared at the him, jaw clenching.

"Who the actual fuck asks if there's gluten in beans?" Levi glowered, his voice low and dangerous. His eyes had gotten colder and harder. It was obvious that he was angered, but Mike held his stern and calm demeanor.

"For some people, it can affect their health," he responded calmly, a frown on his face. "Just ask Hanji. She's over there." He nodded his head to the left, his hand motioning towards the area.