S I X

06W O N D E R

06
W O N D E R

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

AS LEVI HELPED IRENE SET UP THE LIGHTING, he noticed how it was just the two of them in the warehouse. How everything that got set down echoed in the empty building. It made him alarmed at the fact it was just the two of them, and how there was a dead silence that lingered.

"Where's everyone else?" Levi inquired, eyes narrowing at Irene, who had began to adjust her camera.

"For now, it's just the two of us," she replied, unfazed by his cold question. The hazel-eyed woman looked over at him, offering a small smile. "I've told you, I work alone. I don't hire any assistants or anything. The make-up team is a different category, and we only work together if the client decides to hire them. They'll be here in about an hour, so just enjoy the silence. Loosen up."

He clicked his tongue putting his irritation out on display. Irene looked away from him, her smile faltering as she continued doing her job. He studied her for a brief moment before he looked away. His eyes scanned the warehouse, seeing how large and vacant it was. Despite how empty it was, it was tidy. Decently clean as if it was specially done for photo shoots.

He had done his research, and found out that that the company she worked for was called Wings Creation. They actually offered places to get photos taken for a high price. Where he stood was one of those places.

Levi looked over at the window. Much to his luck, he brought an umbrella just in case it had rained. He looked away when he heard Irene call his name. When he shifted his gaze over at her, he noticed how calm and collected her eyes were, as if purposely trying to hold back her emotions.

"Do you still have my ring with you?" Irene asked, her eyes glistening with uncertainty revealing she didn't fully trust him.

"Do you have my money?" Levi retorted, recalling their gamble from yesterday. Irene scoffed, glaring at him as she rolled her eyes. A new emotion flashed her calm eyes: irritation. Still, she remained composed.

"We get paid in between hours of the shoot," she informed, looking away from Levi as she walked over to the lighting and adjusted it. She had to stand on her toes, which silently amused him. "I'll give you the money to you during the shoot." Irene returned her gaze back at him, her eyes calm and composed again.

"I'll keep your ring until then," Levi said, earning a blank expression. Her eyes said that she wanted to say something, but she turned away and nodded, taking the other set of lighting and setting it up.

Levi eyed her, his eyes narrowing as he saw how she reacted. What little emotion and response she gave off, even after he had her prized possession in his hands. It made him ponder why she acted so distant whenever her ring was involved, yet so attached. How she acted so carelessly with it as if it wasn't something important, but at the same time it was.