15

The day awoke and Jungkook laid in the cot. He heard a soft voice echoing through the door. The voice was demanding but he knew he recognized it somewhere. The door opened and he saw a face. It was Hoseok.

"Hey man, are you okay?"

"What happened?"

"Jungkook, we are all so worried!"

"What happened?"

"Jungkook! Stop playing games!"

"Hoseok! What-" Jungkook has passed out yet again

Passing out had come quite normal for Jungkook. He would wake up for a few minutes, then fall back asleep. Hoseok decided to step out and make a call.

* * *

"Hey, uh Mr. Kim, I wanted to know if I could have the day off."

"Why would I do such a thing?"

"Well, sir, it's kinda personal."

"Tell me or there is no day off."

"Jungkook is in the hospital. He is dying, sir."

"Jungkook?! Jeon?!"

"Yes, sir."

"Where are you now Hoseok?"

"The hospital."

"I'll be there in a minute."

"Do I still have the day off-" but the call ended and Hoseok was left in the hallway

alone. But before the phone went into his pocket he heard a siren.

* * *

Sirens rushed, nurses ran, doctors fled all to room 103. The lights flashing red and Jungkook laying on the cot. Any seconds wasted was another second gone. Oxygen masks, and the heart meter sounding slower and slower by the minute. Taehyung's footsteps running in through the rooms looking for his love. The doctors walked out in sorrow. The nurses sat down in sadness and Taehyung made it to room 103. It was just him a Jungkook and he heard the heart monitor hit a long and sad note. He was gone. Jungkook Jeon had gone. Taehyung hit his fist against the monitor in frustration causing him to break it. He let out tears. Water rushing down his face. His heart beating at seven billion miles an hour. The clock ticked and Taehyung laid on the cot with him. Pain. Death. Hell. Thoughts emerged from his head not knowing what or who to trust. Why had he been such a douche? If he kept Jungkook close to his heart before none of this would have happened. He felt a hand rush up against his back.

"What do you want Hoseok?" he asked but no response, "I asked what do you want?" but he still received no answer. Taehyung cuddled into Jungkook's neck to hide his face. The hand still brushing up his back. He felt a movement of the blanket.

"Hoseok?" he turned around but no one was there and as he looked down he saw a pair of brown eyes look at him. They were slightly rounded. A light hazel in color. The iris a shaded black and the pupil was dilated at its fullest, "Jungkook?"
"Hey," Jungkook said

"Jungkook! I'm so sorry!" Taehyung was crying so much his eyes were puffy and his face was red. He looked at Jungkook and said it again, "I'm so sorry!"

"For what?" Jungkook asked in confusion

"I was a horrible boyfriend we hadn't even been dating for a day and I told my father I didn't love you. The truth is I love you so much. I've loved you ever since I laid my eyes on you. You are the most perfect person ever. You may not see that at times, but I really do love you. You have changed my life. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love your smile. I love your laugh. I love you." Taehyung was cut off by Jungkook's lips. He grabbed the back of Taehyung's neck and pulled him in closer. The doctor walked in and was astonished on what he saw.

"Jungkook! What the hell?! How? What?"

"Sorry. Mr. Macduff- ow."

"It hurts to get up."
"We gave you morphine. It will hurt if you have drunk any alcoholic beverages lately. When was the last time you had a drink?" Mr. Macduff asked

"Last night."
"Okay, you should be okay. The pain will go away soon. But how? I don't understand." he shrugged, "I will leave you two alone for a few moments but I will need to talk to you outside in a minute, Taehyung, if you are okay with that Jungkook?"

"Yeah, of course," Jungkook replied. As the door closed and Mr. Macduff walked away, Taehyung got up and starting kissing Jungkook again.

"W-wait!"
"What?"
"You can't just do this behind Alex's back," Jungkook stuttered, "I feel bad!"
"Screw my dad! I love you and he can't change that!" Taehyung started leaving butterfly kisses on Jungkook's neck. Jungkook had learned that he was so worried about the future, he rarely looked forward to the future. He had very little time enjoying the present. He let Taehyung do whatever. He had nothing to lose.

(just guess what happened 😉)

They were both panting and sweaty. Taehyung laid there spooning Jungkook. Taehyung had his boxers on and, as the usual, no shirt. Jungkook laid there buck naked. Jungkook was asleep and Taehyung was still awake. It had been more than "a minute" like Mr. Macduff had said. They did not care though. But then Taehyung heard a knock on the door. He grabbed his shirt from the floor and slipped it on.

"Come in," he called

"Sorry, to interrupt. But is Jungkook asleep?"

"Yeah. He is."
"Can I talk to you really quick?

"Sure. One second. I'll meet you outside." Taehyung said as Mr. MacDuff left the room and he walked over to Jungkook's cot, "Hey baby. I'll be right back." he said kissing his forehead. He got no response but he knew he was listening. So he grabbed his shorts and walked outside.

"Hey, Mr. Kim. So what happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"How is Jungkook alive?!"

"I don't know. It is honestly a miracle."
"Well, you have had to do something."
"The power of love," Taehyung said jokingly

"You may be right. It may not have cured Jungkook's disease, but it made him stronger. Thank you for being here today. Without you, he might not have made it.

"No problem, sir."

"I will let you back inside. Take care." "You too!" Taehyung said as he walked down and into the room. Taehyung walked up to the bed and picked up Jungkook bridal style out of the hospital and to the car to go back to his place.