13

A few days passed. No one had talked. Jungkook hadn't gone to work. Taehyung hadn't called. He tried multiple times but Jungkook would never pick up. Jungkook just sat in his room all day. Everyday. He would eat occasionally. His phone was dead and he didn't bother to charge it. He was miserable. More than he should be. Taehyung was as well. He stopped calling because he didn't want Jungkook more upset with him. The truth was Jungkook couldn't pick up because his phone was dead. But day and night Jungkook waited for a call. An explanation. Something. Just a sorry. Neither Jungkook nor Taehyung knew, but the other wanted to talk. They needed each other, but they both thought neither could do anything.

* * *

Jungkook needed to go back to CreditCare to get his last paycheck. He had to face and talk to Taehyung. Jungkook was barely living off his last paycheck. He needed to find a new job. But nevertheless, he went. As he pulled into the spot he normally did and walked up the stairs he had flashbacks of the days before. When they went to Disneyland. When Hoseok walked out with him. When he would talk to Jimin. But he couldn't think about any of that now. He was going to be professional and not think about Taehyung. He walked up the stairs and through the employees only door. He received a few waves and "hellos". Then he saw Hoseok. He walked quicker to him.

"Hey man! Everything-" Hoseok spoke but Jungkook interrupted

"Shh! If anyone else except you find out I'm here, your finished."

"It's your work office, Jungkook, why would anyone care?"

"Just shut your mouth," Jungkook spoke and walked off as Hoseok stood there in confusion

He walked up and onto the third floor. There Jimin was in his black suit, ready to show Jungkook to his office. Jimin had a look of sorrow on his face. His expression was blank.

"Right this way, sir," Jimin said knowing where Jungkook wanted to go

"Sir?" Jungkook asked, "I haven't heard that one before."

"It's my profession."

Jimin looked back at Jungkook and he nodded. Mentally telling Jimin to knock on the door. Jimin put one fist to the door and made a loud a bang. Another. And one more. But no response was heard.

"Mr. Kim? Someone is here to see you."

"Let them in," Taehyung said very blandly

Jungkook walked into the office and saw the man he loved. But he couldn't act upon it now.

"Mr. Kim, I'm here for my paycheck sir."

"Oh yes, thank you for coming in." Taehyung seemed angry

"No problem, sir."

Taehyung handed Jungkook an envelope with cursive writing, Mr. Jeon, he even added a heart over it. After Jimin left, A tear dropped from Jungkook's eye. Hold it in. Professional. Professional.

"Mr. Jeon, why are you crying?" Taehyung asked

"It's nothing, sorry Mr. Kim I'll see myself out now."

"Wait, you-"

"I what?"

"You deserve it."

"W-what?"

"You deserved every word I said. I tried calling. I tried going to your house! I felt like a stalker, but all I ever wanted was you. All you. I never got that. I got lying bitches and cheating sluts. I wanted a sweet, kind, gentle, and sincere man. I found you and that was perfect. But apparently, I was not perfect enough for you." Taehyung yelled

"Mr. Kim I-"

"No. No more lies. I want nothing of it. I said I love you. Did I expect to hear it back, of course not? I have loved you for four years. I can't just say it It's not that easy. That one night was pure luck. But I understand why you don't want to see me. You may show yourself out please."