Chapter Seventeen

"Ah, yes I do, ah, know him and ah he was just taken in side." I stuttered, lifting my arm and pointing towards the hospital doors. I looked down at my feet as I felt heat rise to my cheeks.

"Are you his partner for the project thing?" He asked grimly and I could tell he didn't really care. Slowly I nodded my head,

"Yeah I am." I answered stiffly. I heard a grunted response before hearing footsteps pass by me and the relief that I was now alone. Letting out a sigh of relief I ran my fingers through my hair once before before shaking my body, letting the wired up nerves calm down. 'That was Tyson's Dad?' I thought to myself as I looked around, just catching his back slide through the hospital doors. 'No wonder why Tyson is an asshole.'

I suddenly realised that I had no idea what to do next. None of my teachers are around, Tyson and Lilly were rushed inside and I was standing alone in the hospital car park. I looked around before pulling out my phone. But who was I meant to call? I sighed and shook my head, what a day.

Turning on my phone I opened up my contacts and scrolled through until I found my Mums number. I was about to call, but hesitated. I wasn't meant to call or talk to my parents during the project, but did this count? I sighed as I contemplated what to do and in my moment of thought a car pulled up next to me. I turned my head and sighed with relief when Mrs. Holler got out of the car. She trotted over and pulled me into a tight hug. Usually hugs weren't my thing, but on this very confusing and worrying day it felt safe and comfortable in Mrs. Hollers arms and I even found myself hugging her back, wrapping my arms around her and breathing in her warm smell.

"Sweetheart, what happened?" She asked as she let me go and looked me in the eyes. I shrugged in response before answering, "We had a fight, kinda, last night and Tyson snuck out," I didn't fail to notice the surprise look in her eyes when I mentioned him sneaking out, but I chose to ignore it, "Then when he came back he was really sick and so was Lilly. I didn't know what to do so I called The ambulance." Mrs. Holler looked me in the eyes and nodded, before smiling her warm smile. "You did the right thing dearest." She answered, patting my shoulder. "It was Tysons fault for sneaking out. If that darn boy could just follow the rules we wouldn't be in this mess right now. The school could possibly get sued for what's happened to them, I just hope it doesn't go down that path." I was nodding while Mrs. Holler spoke, and she reached down and grabbed my hand. "I'm sure they'll be fine, the doctors will fix 'em right up." I couldn't help but laugh, Mrs. Holler was always optimistic even in the darkest of times. She smiled back before she turned towards the hospital doors. "So should we go in and see how they're going?" She asked me and I simply nodded in response, "Oh and did you happen to see Tysons father anywhere? I called him as soon as I heard. Poor man, his wife died in this very hospital. Musn't be a nice experience to go back with a sick son." My eyes opened wide, Tyson didn't have a mum anymore?

"Wow." I said in simple shock, following Mrs. Holler as she strode up to the doors. "Wow is right. To be honest I don't blame Tyson for being the way he is, his father isn't really the.. Most nurturing person in the world and I know he was close to his mother. Such a lovely lady she was. I was devastated to find out she died." I helped her push open the doors and felt sick as soon as I smelt the familiar stench of the hospital. People were walking around, some were sitting in the waiting room others were helping people walk around. I looked around until I spotted the front desk. "Over here," I said to Mrs. Holler and she nodded, walking in front of me up to the desk. The lady on the other side was sat in front of a computer, typing away. When we walked over she gave us a warm smile, "How may I help you?" She asked us and I let Mrs. Holler answer, I wasn't the best at talking to people. Mrs. Holler smiled back before answering, "A student of mine, Tyson Jenkins, was brought here today with an unknown sickness as well as an infant named Lilly, ah Lilly who again?" She asked me and I raised my eyebrows, "I, ah, can't remember." I answered. Mrs. Holler shook her head before looking back to the lady, "Tyson and Lilly." The lady nodded before she went back to Typing and after a long moment she looked back up at us, "They were taken to quarantine in case the influenza they have is contagious. If all goes well you should be able to see them later, but for now no one except immediate family is allowed in. Mrs. Holler dipped her head and I did the same, before we both turned away and almost knocked into a frantic looking lady. At once we both recognised who she was, Lilly's Mum.

"What did you do to my daughter?" She asked hysterically.