Chapter Thirty One

Heyyyyyy! Guess who's back, back again ;) Sorrrryyyy for the delay guys, I'll try get on top of it, but no promises! I'm also looking for two faceclaims who you think look the most like Tyson and Maya, could be celebrities, could be anyone! Leave me names below :D Just a shorty today, to give you all some peace of mind c':

As I lay in bed that night, comfortable in my oversized pyjamas and cosy under my fluffy blanket, a smile was still on my face, and it got even bigger as Tyson texted me goodnight. 

"Goodnight :) Thanks for the best day ever" I texted back happily, before reaching over and setting my phone down on my bedside table. I took a deep breath in, before releasing it, bringing my blanket right up to my chin. As I closed my eyes, ready to be taken away into dreamland, I heard a soft knock on my door.

Groaning, I gently opened my eyes as my Mum opened the door, peering inside. She had just showered, you could tell by her damp hair that hung down to her shoulders, and was wrapped in a bathrobe, the one I had given to her for her birthday last year. 

"Hey May-may, can I come in?" she asked lightly, and I nodded my head cautiously, pushing myself up into a sitting position, my blanket falling from my chin into a bundle on my lamp. I reached over and clicked my lamp on, not wanting the brightness of the room light to blind me. Mum came over slowly, seating herself on the end of my bed. A slight uneasy feeling bubbled into my stomach, what could she possibly want?

She took a deep breath in before continuing.

"Look, Maya. You've been through a lot, more then I'd ever want you to go through. First Leslie... and then the whole babyproject ordeal..losing Lilly, and Tyson... I just want to know... are you okay?" she asked, looking at me through her dark eyelashes.

Just the mentioning of Lilly made me feel sick inside, but I pushed the feelings down, deep, deep down, like I had been doing for weeks. I couldn't think about it.. knowing the baby was under our guidance and we let her down, her mother down.. she was a baby... she hadn't even started her life.. I could feel the tears beginning to well up inside, but I blinked them away.

"Yeah, Mum, I'm fine." I lied easily, the words rolling off of my tongue. She narrowed her eyes slightly at me, and I shifted in my bed, feeling uncomfortable.

"Honey, at the hospital.. the Doctor said.. I don't know... do you want to go to therapy, Maya?" she asked finally, and I blinked at her in surprise.

"Therapy is for crazy people." I said in my defense, looking at her hardly.

"Not exactly, sweetie, it's for damaged people.. you've bee-"

"Damaged?" I asked, confused.

"Mum, what's bringing all this on? There's nothing wrong with me, I'm fine."

My Mum shook her head, running a hand through her hair. 

"But darling, you can't be... because the Maya I knew.. the Maya I raised.. would never have skipped school... especially without telling me.. and worse.. skip school, with a boy."

My stomach tightened as she said those words, and nothing was able to come out of my mouth. She noticed my silent confusion and shock, and so she added on to her words.

"The school called, Maya, you know they do that. What's confusing is me.. is why? Are you not ready to go back yet? Do you need more time off? Maya, do you need to talk to someone? Therapy? Anything you want, Maymay, and it's yours."

I shook my head slowly, "No Mum.. I swear... I'm fine.." I said, but was I?

"Maya, the school's getting sued, because honey, a baby's life was lost. And I know, the Uqonjwa virus is new and scary, and it can't be tracked, and it wasn't your fault at all honey, or even really Tyson's for that matter.. but there's just a lot happening, and I'm totally okay with you wanting to stay home, have some extra time off..."

"Wait, Mum, the school's getting sued?" I asked, but I wasn't really surprised. The security cameras were so easy to hide, I mean did the school even think any of this through? It didn't seem like it.

"Yes, and from the talk around the town, they don't really have much of a case in their defense.  It's not looking good, not looking good at all." she said, shaking her head.

I slunk lower into bed, pulling my blanket up again.

If the school got sued, and pleaded guilty, they would be shut down.. it was a no-brainer.. but so many people relied on this school... we lived in such a small town, surrounded by defense forest, it's the only school close! We'd have to go to boarding school if Oakwood was closed down..

"Shit." I said, and Mum looked at me, a startled expression on her face. I was confused, before I realised. I never swore around Mum, it was just a silent rule that was in our house. I guess I had been spending too much time around Tyson...

"Sorry." I muttered, closing my eyes. I just wanted her to leave, she was spoiling what had been the most amazing day. Then, I heard my phone buzz.

I opened my eyes quickly and grabbed my phone, looking at the lit up screen. It was a text from Tyson.

"Just heard from Denny that the school is getting sued! Shit!" the text read, and I quickly typed back.

"I know.. just heard from Mum.. :("

I could see my Mum watching me from the corner of my eye, so I switched my phone off and set it back down.

I eyed her curiously. 

"Was that Tyson?"

I nearly choked.

"He was the boy you spent the day with, huh?" she asked.

"Mum, how do you even know I spent the day with a boy?" I asked quickly, feeling quite snappy all of a sudden.

She rolled her eyes. "Honey I have friends all over this town. My friend, Beth, she works at Rosie's, she called me up after she had gotten home and said she saw you with a boy, a cute boy, at Rosie's earlier today."

Ugh, ofcourse. I forgot that we had been to Rosie's today. Suddenly, I just didn't want to talk anymore.

"Mum, I'm kind of tired.." I began, and she stood up straight away.

"Ofcourse, darling. Sleep well, and think about Therapy, okay? And maybe bring it up to Tyson as well.. you both, you might need it." she said, before backing out of my room, calling one last goodnight as she closed the door.

I reached over and switched off my lamp, cuddling back into my sleeping position and closing my eyes. 

Also guys, I do realise this book is unrealistic, but that's the beauty about stories, everything doesn't need to make total sense! Love you all! Keep on leaving comments, voting and reading, it really, really means alot to me <3 <3 <3 <3