Chapter Sixteen

Heyyyyyy sorry for the wai people! But guess what, I've finally written another chapter woo! And omg, I actually just realised, but I messed up the chapters around like chapter 4 or something, I missed a whole freaking chapter out. I can't believe you guys still read after that fail wow ;o

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

My heart thundered in my chest, because I knew what that sound meant. His heart was dead, it had stopped beating in his chest. He can't just say that and then die. I look up to the doctors so quickly I think I gave myself whiplash, but they weren't rushing around trying to save him. 

"You can't just let him die!!" I practically screamed before I could stop myself. I saw the nurse look at me before she touched a button on the monitor, which she was fiddling with before.

"Calm down sweetheart, the monitor just had a tantrum, the boy's fine."

I felt heat rise to my cheeks. Oh god Maya. That's all I was thinking for about 5 minutes untill I finally looked down at Tyson again. He wasn't looking at me any longer, instead his eyes were shut. But I could see the soft rise and fall of his chest and somehow just seeing that motion calmed me down. He must be tired.

So now, with everything calmed down a little, Tyson alive, and the nurses saying that he was stable, I let my mind wonder. Tyson wasn't joking when he asked me out, could it be he actually truly likes me? But it's been, what, two days? How can someone just start liking someone in two days. Unless he liked me before the project began, when we will still in school. But he hated me then, everyone knows that. Well there is that thing that we used to say in primary school, "If a guy picks on you he likes you." Could that actually be true?

I sighed lifting a hand up to my hair and running it through softly. This was really bad for my health, all this love crap. So I decided to not think about it for a minute. I looked at the nurse who was calmly watching Tyson's monitor.

"So do you have any idea what's wrong with them both?" I asked, and only then did I realised that Lilly was with us too. I looked over at her crib thing, where I could just see her nestled inside, a male nurse was sitting beside her pressing fluids and what not.

"No, actually, it's a bit of a mystery. But I'm sure the doctots will figure it out." she said, giving me a gentle smile that lifted my confidence. They were both going to be okay, I just knew it.

"So, is he your boyfriend?" I heard the nurse say, and suddenly felt annoyed at her wanting to know, confused because I wanted to say yes, and weird because she thought he was. I looked up at her only to see her eyebrows raised. ofcourse she heard what Tyson had said before.

"It's complicated, but no." I said, shaking my head so the brown hair flicked out of my face. I saw her nod her head, but she didn't look away. 

"When is it never complicated?" she answered back, as she reached to fiddle with the fluid bag that was connected to Tyson through a wire.

True, I thought to myself, as I looked back down at Tyson. He looked so innocent laying in the hospital bed, like he had never done anything wrong in his life. But he had. Could he really have meant it? Could he really actually like me? No one liked me.. I was the nerd, the geek, the weird who liked to study. To be truthful though, I actually hated studying. My parents were the ones who made me do that, they have this big plan set out for me but they never really asked if that's what I wanted. I didn't even know if it's what I wanted. I imagined Tyson's life, never ending parties, fun, being careless. That sounded like something I could see myself doing, but no one else could see me doing. 

When would it be time for me? The real me? I just want to get out there and have fun, I'm smart so I'll do good in class without having to waste all my time studying.

I was justled out of my thoughts when I felt the ambulance slowing down. I glanced out the window and realised we had pulled up outside the hopsital, already. As soon as the van stopped, the female nurse leant over and pushed open the doors, and immediately we were greeted by four gowned doctors.

"What've we got?" one of them asked, as the doctors pulled out Tyson's gurney.

"Young male, headache, nausea and severe fever, unknown cause." the nurse said as Tyson was whipped away. I watched numbly as he was taken through the hopsital doors. Then I looked to my side as Lilly's crib was pushed past me. I risked taking a quick glance. Her face was red, and puffy. Her eyes were swollen from obviously crying to much. I imagined her mother, thinking that Lilly was fine, while instead she was being rushed into hopsital because of something Tyson could have given her.

A new doctor stepped up, she had black clurly hair and dark skin. She looked at Lilly warily before glancing up at the male nurse.

"Female Infant, Nausea, Fever, possible catching from the teenage male, unknown cause." 

The doctor nodded before she grabbed the crib, that I just now noticed had wheels, and whisked her away. Then I was left alone sitting in the ambulance with the two nurses.

"I know this might be shocking, but we have other sick people to tend too so I'm going to need you to step out." The male nurse told me. I looked at him before nodding my head.

"O-ofcourse." I muttered quickly, sliding myself out of the ambulance. I looked around, where was Mrs. Holler, or any of the teachers? I jumped as the ambulance skidded away behind me, and then I realised I was left alone with no idea where to go.

"Excuse me?" I head a loud, masculine voice call to my side. I looked around and saw a large, muscled man, wearing leather. He had tatoos that covered all his arms, and his eyes were menacing. I suddenly felt fear pulse through  me, but I answered him.

"Yes?" I said back quietly. The man came to a stop beside me, and I realised just how big he was. You could tell this man loathed in other peoples fear of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he beat his children actually.

"I heard my son was brought here today, Tyson? Do you know where he is?"

I felt my eyes open wider. This was Tyson's father?