Chapter Thirty Two

WOAH man am I sorry. I'm so terrible with updating :')))) I'm also sorry this story is kind of so unrealistic? Like a baby actually died and the characters are like ""oh well"", but I was young when I started writing this :'))) I'm going to try and end it very soon, maybe a few more chapters?  Thanks for supporting it! Maybe I'll remake it in the future.

I didn't want to get up. But as the sun rose and the sunlight filtered through the gaps in my curtains  I unwillingly opened my eyes, blinking a few times as they got used to the sun. A yawn escaped my mouth first, and then came a sigh. Bringing up a hand I rubbed my eyes, before my head lazily fell to the side, looking at my phone that sat on the bedside table. I reached over, picking it up and turning it on.

No new text messages, I would be lying if I said I wasn't partly disappointed. I tossed it back, stretching my limbs before I grabbed my covers, flinging the rug off of me and swinging my legs off the side of my bed. After a minute of letting myself get used to sitting up I stood up, tossing my covers back so it was sort of neat, before I opened the door and looked into the hallway. Mum's door was open, which mean she was up and awake. Slowly I made my way down the hallway, walking down stairs slowly. It was a school day.  And there was no way I would be ditching again, not after the conversation I had with Mum the night before. As I thought about the conversation, I remembered what Mum had said about the school getting sued. It kind of confused me, the whole thing. The parents signed a contract, so were they even allowed to sue? I groaned just thinking about it, deciding not to even worry about it.

As I reached the kitchen I saw Mum sitting at the table with a cup of coffee in her hand, her phone in her other hand.

She glanced up as I entered, smiling brightly. "Morning Sunshine!" she said, and I smiled slightly back. "Morning Mum."

I made my way over to the cupboard, grabbing a bowl and a box of cereal, before opening the fridge and grabbing the milk. I made my breakfast quickly, before I took it over to the table and sat down with Mum.

"So," she began as I had my first spoonful, my eyes glancing across the table to look at her. "Planning on going to school today?"

I rolled my eyes, laughing slightly. "Yeah, Mum." I said, wondering if Tyson would be going too.

I ate the rest of my cereal pretty quickly, the conversation with Mum slow and boring. It wasn't long before I was back upstairs, stepping into a steaming shower in my bathroom. I washed myself quickly, spending more time on my hair, before I turned the taps off, wrapping a towel around my body. As I looked in the mirror I quickly brushed my teeth, walking out of the bathroom into my room. Opening the closet my eyes gazed over all the clothes that were hanging up, what did I even want to wear today?

I settled with a cute pastel yellow dress that ended just above my knees. I went to go back into the bathroom but I heard my phone buzz, and I quickly walked over to the bedside table, picking it up and glancing down at it. It was from Tyson.

"Morning, going to school today?" he asked. I smiled slightly before answering. "Yeah, I have to, you?"

I waited impatiently, tapping my fingers against the screen, my heart thumping as the phone buzzed in my hands. "If you go, I go ;)" he responded.

My lips curled up into a smile, and a warmth spread through my body. I answered quickly and simply, "Cute ;) xx", before putting my phone back down, heading back into the bathroom.

Now that I knew Tyson was coming, I was beginning to second guess everything. Did I really want to wear this dress? My eyes raked over my reflection, my hands running down the yellow material, my head cocked to the side. Yeah, it looked cute.

My eyes travelled back up to my face, and I grabbed my makeup bag, pulling out some essentials. It wasn't long before I had finished a simple, yet quite pretty, makeup look, then I turned to my hair. I couldn't really be bothered doing much to it, so I simply grabbed it and pulled it into a simple pony tail.

As I walked back into my room, I grabbed my school bag and swung it over my shoulder, slipping some socks and white converse onto my feet. I grabbed my phone before leaving, looking down at the screen once more.

"I try ;)"

I laughed, gripping my phone as I bounded down the stairs. I wasn't really looking forward to school, I really wasn't looking forward to school, but since Tyson was going to be there.. and we were in a good place.. I couldn't help but smile slightly as I called out goodbye to Mum.

I decided to walk to school, and honestly it wasn't long before I saw the familiar building come into view. As I entered the school yard, it also wasn't long before I felt the familiar feeling of being stared at, and the whispers. I swallowed nervously, keeping my eyes low as I walked into the school, hastily making my way over to my locker, opening it quickly. I was concentrating so hard on keeping my eyes focused on the content of my locker, I didn't notice Tyson was leaning against the lockers beside me until I pushed shut my locker door.

"Oh!" I said as I turned and nearly walked into him, heat spreading through my cheeks. "I didn't see you, sorry." I said awkwardly, my eyes travelling up to his face. He smiled, shrugging slightly.

"Hey." he said, and I shyly glanced at the floor. "Hey."

"You look nice." he said, and I smiled even bigger, letting my eyes travel up his body. He was wearing a simple white tee with black skinny jeans and converse, like usual.

"You don't look bad yourself." I said back, smiling.

He laughed a little, before he looked to the side, where people were looking at us oddly. I was confused for a second, before I realised it was because people hadn't really seen us together before. I saw Tyson swallow nervously as his friends walked past, and he looked at me slightly. I felt like I already knew what was coming.

"I should, ah, get going now." he said hurriedly, flashing me an apologetic smile. I watched him turn and walk away from my sadly, joining up with his group of friends. I sighed, turning around and heading the opposite way. It's not like I was expecting him to change suddenly, but it was disappointing to see him leave so quickly. I realised then as I was walking that I didn't really have anyone.. I mean, I kind of had Tyson, but he wasn't around all the time, and when he wasn't, I felt more alone than ever, and the stares and whispers from the people around me didn't make it any better. I wanted to run away so bad, to go back home, or back to the place in the forest with Tyson, but I told myself no, be strong, don't let them get the better of you. So I headed to class trying to hold my head high, but it was hard when the words "Baby Killer" kept being spoken around you.