Chapter 24: Mrs. Schergen

Hey honey bunches! The last two chapters have been something, haven't they?Lol. So there's really been a lack of feedback lately and it's kinda frustrating because I don't know what you guys think! The story is gonna get way more heated as it reaches the end so I need feedback. So please please please fan/comment/vote! Anyways enjoy babes! xx

************************** 

Janine's POV

I hated this place.

White walls, sobbing people, the constant beeping of machines.

Man, life's such a bitch. I scowled thinking about how my life was lately.

I leaned back and closed my eyes, trying to relax. It played back in my mind.

He ran across the street. I looked down for a second and when I looked back up, the car was inches away from him.

"Joey!" I screamed. But it was too late. I watched him go over the top of the car and fall motionless on the road.

I opened my eyes not wanting to remember anymore of it. I sighed and pulled out my phone. I looked at my reflection. I scowled at my appearance.

I looked like I hadn't slept in days. I had bags and dark circles around my eyes and they were bloodshot.

My phone vibrated in my hand. The caller ID said Eleanor. I answered.

"Hello?" I croaked.

"Hey babe, how are you?" she said.

"I'm fine. How's LA?" I asked.

The boys flew out to LA for the VMAs about two days ago. Eleanor, Danielle, and Perrie went with them. I was supposed to go with them but I had to stay with Joey. I was going to 

Nandos to hear the good news but I never made it there.

"It's great. Are you watching the VMAs tonight?" she asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Of course! If I didn't I'd be going against my Directioner ways!" I say, a smile on my face.

She laughed on the other side of line. "Haha. Now anyways, how's Joey?" she asked, a serious tone.

I sighed. "Still the same. Unconscious with an occasional seizure." I shudder.

"Don't worry babe. It's gonna be alright. Just don't take it hard. Okay?" she says.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "I know. Hey, I gotta go, there's a doctor walking up to me. Okay?" I say quickly getting up.

"Oh okay. I hope everything goes good. Bye love!" she says quickly.

I hung up as the doctor approached me.

"Hi, are you Mrs. Schergen?" she asked me, smiling.

I nodded. She called me by Joey's last name but I didn't care right now.

"Well I'm happy to tell you that he's awake." she said, her smile getting wider.

"Really?" I managed to get out.

"Yes, you can meet him if you like." she said, smiling.

I slowly walked behind the doctor as she brought me to Joey's room.

I opened the door and walked in. He was staring up at the ceiling.

"Hey." I said, walking over to the bed.

He turned and looked at me, a few scars on his face. "Hey there, Mrs. Schergen." he smirked.

I rolled my eyes as I sat in the chair. "After being hit by a car, breaking two of your ribs, and being unconscious for 2 days, you'd think that your smartass mouth would be toned down a notch." I say.

"Nah. I'm fine. I feel like I could run 1000 miles!" he said sitting up.

"Woah- easy there, tiger." I say, helping him up.

I sat back down and he grabbed my hand.

I was still wearing long-sleeved clothes from the scars on my wrists.

"Jenny." he said.

"Hmm?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I'm sorry. I really am." he said, looking into my eyes.

I pulled my hand away and looked down. "I bet you are." I say.

"I'll make it up to you, Janine. I will." he said.

There was a knock on the door and we both looked up.

"Am I interrupting something?" asked the doctor, standing in the doorway.

"Actually-" said Joey.

"No. No you aren't." I say, cutting him off.

"Okay then! Well Joey, you're free to go home." she said, smiling.

"Great! Thank you." he said, fist pumping into the air.

I chuckled to myself.

"And Mrs. Schergen, could you please come and sign the discharge papers?" she asked.

I looked over and glared at Joey who simply smirked and winked at me.

"Of course." I mumbled, following the doctor out the door.

********************** 

Okay so now you know what happened! I like this chapter. It's kinda cute. So I know the story is behind with the VMAs but you guys get the point. I love you guys way too 

much. Thank you for all your support. -Janan xx