Chapter 24

Present. 2014.

"Aria, you weirdo, did you take your medicine?" Jason asked me. And no it's not my ex-pianist, it's my friend. A friend that I made when I visited Jordan. It's my family's country...my adoptive family. I went there for a few months, and I made the best friends ever.

"Pass it to me, will you?" I pouted, giving him my puppy dog face, which never works with him.

"Get off your fucking ass and get it,"

"You don't want me to die of Cancer, now do you?" I tease playfully, yet not finding it funny. Yes, I have cancer. Brain cancer to be exact, and a hint of Lung cancer

"Fine, you bitch," he took my medicine bottle and threw it at my face, but Niall caught it, cussing at Jason for trying to hurt me, making me giggle at his protectiveness.

"You fucking asshole, do that again, just try,"

"Calm your tits Niall," I laughed, swallowing my medicine. It turned out that I've had brain cancer for about two years, but I'm only at stage two, which means that there is a slight chance to heal. Everyone thinks I'm at stage one only because I couldn't tell them the truth when I saw their faces when they found out. And it's not exactly a lie, I'm at the beginning of lung cancer. It was too small to detect back then which is why I found out later. I have no idea how I've been diagnosed with both almost at the same time, but it hurts that I don't get to live a long life like most people. But I take it as a way of having my two kids up in heaven calling for their mom, and as if Ryan is taking care of them now. That usually gets me through the day.

"My tits are calm, sweetie," No, Niall and I aren't back together...well we are...well we're in a relationship without a label. We act like a couple, but we're not one, because I just wanna spend some time being single. But being single isn't a status to me, it is like being strong enough to not depend on anyone for my hapiness. Plus if we date, he's gonna be jealous of every guy I talk to, and I don't want that. I wanna be able to talk to any guy.

I'm kidding, we are together...

"You bitch, where is my crutch," My new best friend, Nardine, cussed at me. Since, I have cancer, I sort of quit music, however, I still write music for One Direction. I mean I wrote most of their upcoming album, Four. But I like my normal life much better than being judged by the whole world. I mean I still get judged, but not as much. I have faded away over the years, but I haven't died, you can't really die when you're Louis Tomlinson's sister, and a writer for One Direction. I made so many more friends, but I'm not friends with any of my old ones. Only Alex, because I love her to eternity. She's the nicest person ever. And Avery...well she's a different story. Oh and Aisha.

She sort of just let go of me. She said non of our friendship meant anything to her. She said that she used me because she had no other choice. It hurt. I did cry, but I couldn't care less. People come and go, but I gotta admit, I never ever thought she would've been one of those people. I counted on her, and I never ever thought she would've left. But true friends stay through your hardest times. That's how you know they're true friends. Yeah I loved her, and I still do, she was my other half, sister and best friend. But I now have friends that are much better, and that I can count on. But on the bright side, we talk once in a while. I gotta admit, I still love her, she was my other half after all.

"Aria, can I talk to you for a second," Niall requested, I looked at him in a questioning way, but I still stood up and followed him outside his flat. He bought a new one near the beach, knowing that I love going on walks, however it's awfully cold.

"I wanna take you to the beach," he announced nervously.

"Um okay..." I walked next to him. It was silent, yet lately, I've been hating silence lately. There always has to be someone talking. And it's usually me. I've become much more social and loud. I ran a hand on my hairless scalp. Yes, I have no hair now. I'm hairless and bald. I hate it. But I like letting my friends draw weird shit on it.