Chapter 15

An hour at the most must have passed with me sitting out I'm the cold with nothing but a thin shirt and yoga pants. It was January and it was getting colder by the second. My skin was pale. It was numb. I was numb. I was still in the same position that I was in when I...when I watched him leave.

I feel so empty. There is this hole in my heart and it's getting bigger by every passing second. It's eating me inside out. The idea of Jacob leaving me still hasn't sunk in.

I'm still wishing that I could wake up from this nightmare that is called my life. The only way I could wake up is by dying.

Dying is the only way I could feel peace, and I really want that right now.

Little snowflakes started falling, hitting my shaking, shivering body. I rocked my body back and forth, my eyes set on my bare, perfectly manicured feet. Little white puffs left my mouth as my body begged me to go inside. But I refused. I would rather die out here than...do anything really.

I want Jacob.

I need him.

"Aria?" A light voice called. The voice drowned in the wind and snow. I couldn't make out who the voice belonged to, nor did I try. There was no way in trying, I can't even think straight. I was cold. Freezing.

"Aria? Come on, let's go inside," the voice said again, but this time I saw the figure. But I still couldn't make out who it was. He had dark hair, hazel eyes. I know him, but not one name crosses my mind.

The only name on my mind is Jacob. And I need him.

The figure bends down to grab my hand, but drops it immediately. Probably because of my cold skin. The warmth of the figure's skin lingers on my skin and I try to hold on to it for as long as possible because that's the only warmth that I could feel. But this warmth is nothing compared to Jacob's gentle touch.

''You're freezing," it's that voice again. Who is it coming from? The figure bends down to pick me up bridal style. I open my mouth but the person shushes me immediately. Not that I could let any words fall out of my now purple lips.

I was so cold. All I had was Jacob's shirt and yoga tights.

Jacob. I need him. His warmth. His love. His hugs. His smell. His voice

My head falls to the person's hard chest and my eyes close.

Why can't I figure out who this person is?

What if it's an angel?

What if I'm dying?

-Third person's P.O.V-

Zayn flinched at Aria's cold, pale skin. He was the one who came out to save her from the freezing weather. Everyone wanted to give her a bit of time, except for Zayn. He was worried about her. He knew she need someone. A shoulder to cry on. Louis and Eleanor wasted the minutes trying to convince him. And after one broken glass and a chair that got thrown out the window, he was convinced. About fifty minutes later, he got fed up and went to see her. His eyes widened at the sight of her shaking. She was pale, the only color you could see in her were her blue manicured bare toes. She didn't have time to put anything on ever feet.

Zayn picked her up bridal style and headed inside. He was cold himself, and the shaking, fragile girl in his arms, wasn't helping the least bit. But he couldn't careless about himself at the very moment. He cared about his best friend that looked so lifeless in his arms. He kicked the front door open with his foot. He was greeted with the instant warmth, and Eleanor with a blanket in her arms. Zayn gestured to the living room, with his head since he couldn't use his hands.