Chapter Twenty Nine

29 - A risk and a bet

'It is a risk to love. What if it doesn't work out?'
'Ah. But what if it does?'
- Peter McWilliams

~*~

As I felt the sun rays escaped through the blinds of the curtains, I fluttered my eyes open. Adjusting my body, I stretched my hand on the other side of the bed to find Andi but to my surprise, I was alone. My eyebrows quickly furrowed as I briskly took a seat, scanning the room around.

"Andi." I called, assuming that maybe she was inside the bathroom. "Andi." I called yet again, my voice sounded hoarse.

I'm feeling a little better now but my body still feel a bit tired. When no one answered still, I got up from my bed and decided to go out of my room and look for her.

Where in the world could she be?

I mean, it's an early Sunday for crying out loud. When I looked at my phone, I saw it was just six in the morning.

As soon as I opened the door, a smiling Andi greeted me with a tray of food in hand. "Good morning!" She said beamingly.

Startled, I felt rooted on spot. I just watched her out of astonishment. This is the first time I've seen her that lively when she got back here.

"Excuse me." She stated when she made her way inside. I moved a step, giving her way, without a word. "Now why did you get up from the bed? Aren't you still sick?" She rambled, placing the tray on the bedside table.

When she was finished, she picked up the scattered pillows and started to make the bed. "You should rest. If you don't, you might have a relapse. You don't want---"

"Alright mom." I teased as I folded my arms and continued watching her. Her irises darted towards my way.

"No problem stubborn child."

I gasped playfully. "Are you calling me a boy?"

"Are you calling me a mom?" She looked at me expectantly before going back to organize the bed. "I mean, well, Elise calls me mom so..." she trailed off.

I chuckled. "Alright. But as you can see, I can stand properly now so I'm not sick anymore."

"Well, I'm pretty sure you are still bit disoriented. You can't just magically be okay from all those overworking hours you pulled. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't lose your health for your craft but that's what I'm saying, health is wealth Justin. You can't do something you love if you're sick."

I smiled on her litany. "You don't want to lose this argument, do you?"

She smiled cheekily. "I won't."

"Smart ass."

She stuck her tongue out and suddenly, threw a pillow at my direction that landed on my face. I huffed. I was not expecting a pillow fight this early morning. "Jerk." She even said.

"Hey. I'm still sick!"

"You can stand properly now so you're not sick anymore." She mocked then laughed her tears out. "Damn. Have you seen your face?"

My eyes turned into slits as she held her tummy while wiping the happy tears from her eyes. As a comeback, without her noticing, furtively, I went towards her. When she was near my reach, I briskly dragged her around the waist and together, plopped down on the soft mattress. She squealed so loud that I thought I was going to get deaf for a second. I immediately hovered over her and placed her hands above her head. A lopsided grin appeared from my face.