Chapter Forty Five

45 - Be mine again

'Find someone who makes you realize three things; one, that home is not a place, but a feeling. Two, that time is not measured by a clock, but by moments. And three, that heartbeats are not only heard, but felt and shared.'
- Anon

~*~

It is within these moments that will make you realize how important each passing day will be, that 24 hours is not enough to satisfy one day to cherish and make the most out of it.

Time is surely much more than a gold. It is priceless. If given the money you can actually buy gold, but time, it can only be stolen but never bought. You can only move forward but never go back.

I wished I realized soon enough how important time truly is because as each passing moment goes by, anxiety creeps up on me. It builds up inside me, making me tremble at times and trying to crumble its way down towards the strength I have instilled within me. I felt as though it's only a matter of time until it decides to shatter everything I have built.

There's not a day that passed by that I did not wished for the clock to never move or that the moon will never replace the sun. Wishing everything to stay still as it is might be a selfish wish but to be with Andrea everyday, I can't help but not to be selfish and greedy.

It felt like every single day moves faster than usual that I couldn't grasp the fact what was happening around me and with each day, Andrea was getting... worse. I thought I could do it. I thought I was strong enough. I thought I could handle it.

Afraid. Scared. I was both. I felt like time was mocking me, reminding... no taunting me, how I wasted my time years ago when I could have only loved Andrea at that moment from the start. If I could have thrown away the anger and hatred away, everything would be, if not, a little bit better.

"Hey." A soft familiar voice echoed from behind that I briskly turned around. Her paled figure standing a few inches away from me. It looked like she was about to break like a glass any time now.

"Andrea!" I scolded as I swiftly closed the distance between us, ushering her away from the cold night air. I was in their garden, thinking about things that was happening around me. Never did I once leave her alone, I made sure she sleeps before me and I wake up before her. I figured she was sleeping awhile ago so I decided to make my way downstairs. "What are you doing here? Do you need anything? Does something hurts? Should I call Dr. Mason? It's cold out here Andrea." I continued as I took my jacket off and wrapped it around her. I escorted her away but she stopped me, putting a hand on my chest.

"Justin." Her voice was too soft that I felt my heart weakened. "I'm okay." She smiled. I took everything about her in --- from her sleepy hazel eyes, to her cute little nose, and to her soft, paled lips. Sighing, I pulled her into a warm embrace.

"It's cold here." I muttered silently.

"I can manage." I hugged her tightly and pulled away but not before placing a feathery kiss on her forehead.

"What are you doing down here?" I asked.

"I came to find you." She replied. "And I couldn't sleep."

"Something wrong?"

"I just wanted to think about things too."

I sighed. "We'll do that in your ro---"

"No." She cut me off. "I want some fresh air. You can go back upstairs, I'm staying down here." With that she suddenly walked away, descending towards the backyard. I bit my bottom lip and sighed.