Chapter Three

3 - Used To It

~*~
'I didn't say "I love you" to hear it back. I just wanted to make sure you knew.' - Anon
~*~

Relief washed over me as soon as I heard the bell rang. Immediately, I went out of the room and headed towards the cafeteria. Aside from the ambiance suffocating me, someone was getting under my nerves.

Am I really that lucky to have that rotten thief as my classmate throughout all my subjects this morning?

Please note my heavy sarcasm.

I've never been more thankful than to have flirty classmates who took action and seduced that guy's attention away from me. He was really annoying with all those smirking and winking induces of him — made him a living personification of a boomerang (if that makes sense) inside my head.

"So rumour has it that Mister Knight in shining armor is here."

Shifting gaze to my side, a girl in her pink crop top, skinny jeans and white converse had a tray of food with her. Scarlet took a seat beside me, her eyes glimmered with full amusement.

"Don't look at me like that." I warned. "And knight in shining armor? Where? How?"

She chuckled, "Since that play we had during kid's fest when you were the princess, Justin as the prince and then Jacques as your knight in shining armor."

"Should've been more of a thief."

"Because he stole your heart?" She grinned, almost laughing at her cheekiness.

"Are you aware that you sound dumb just a few seconds ago?" I bantered.

"Oh please, what more can you ask for? He's a handsome thief Ands... and hot." My eyes widened as I looked at Scarlet, skeptical now with her types.

"Do you even hear yourself?"

"What?" She asked, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Your eyesight is poor. Your judgment requires thorough examination. I think you should see an ophthalmologist and then later, review your provisions in life."

She rolled her eyes at my reply.

I was about to pour more sense — reasons why Jacques in LA should never happen — when I felt someone wrapped their arm around my shoulder casually; their scent new yet, somehow familiar now.

Speaking of the devil.

"There are hundreds of schools around LA, why here?" I presaged as I glared at him.

"Hey Jacques." Scarlet greeted him warmly with a smile, just like welcoming a long lost friend from the past — which was the case. "Still the same I see... the consistency is admirable and best friend approved."

"Scarlet!" I protested.

Jacques, however, laughed carelessly. "Yep, still in love with your lovely best friend."

Forgetting how blunt this guy was, I couldn't help but to blush. And why must they act like I'm not here?!

"Does your cousin know you're here?"