Chapter Thirty

30 - All This Time

'You can close your eyes from the things you don't want to see. But you can never close your heart from the things you don't want to feel.'
- Anon.

~*~

"How about the rollercoaster first?" I suggested when I saw Andi casting a brief look around the rides. "You know the usual." I added which she bit her bottom lip and stared at me as worry etched across her face. I smirked. "Do I hear me winning now?"

Her eyes glared. "Alright. I can do this." She muttered as we waited for our turn. Andi and I bought our unlimited bracelets awhile ago so we can enjoy the rides without having the need to fall in line and buy tickets. "You'll be fine Andi." I chuckled as I heard her say this.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer.

"Don't worry. I'm here." I said with comfort.

"I watched a vine yesterday about a rollercoaster accident."

"And you said I was the pussy one." I teased as the ride stopped in front of us and we took our designated seats.

"I'm afraid of a lot of things but damn, this one surely is..." I heard her cursed as she trailed off when one of the staffs asked if we're all ready to hit and go. Smiling, I grasped her hand and gave her a smile.

"You got this."

With that said, the ride started and soon I found myself yelling along with Andi out of the adrenaline rush the ride granted. It was as if my stomach was doing different kinds of somersaults and for once, after such a long time, I felt I was finally free from the public's eyes. I felt the gist of the wind and I didn't know I missed it that much.

It felt like freedom with no baseless judgments; to be able to do something with liberty while someone you care and cared about you is around to see it, to be with... I laughed... I laughed my heart out.

I will remember this day, every part of it. Every detail.

As soon as we got off the ride, I glanced over at Andi who seemed a little sick and pale. But even so, her lips widened out of the rush.

"Are you okay?" I couldn't help but to ask in worry.

She chuckled. "Crap. My heart almost leaped from my chest."

"Well you've done good for someone's first time." I said as I held her hand. "Do you want to seat?" Guilt started to succumb when I finally seen her state up close.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm fine. I won't puke. It's just the first ride."

I sighed. "Alright. But I swear if you don't feel good anymore. Just tell me."

"And let you win? No."

"Andi." I scolded.

"I get it." I shook my head. She is just so stubborn. "Alright. Let's go to the next ride." She stated as she pulled me with her. I puffed a sigh and tightened my fingers around hers.

To be honest, I don't know whether I was supposed to laugh or be surprised or tell her if she was playing around but the next ride, my mouth pursed, suppressing myself as different emotions rendered. Looking at the colorful wooden horses wheeled around the circular platform I gazed at Andi momentarily and chuckled.

She can really be sneaky at times.

"What?" She asked as she saw my expression. "We never said anything about what rides we should take. We never had a rule whether it should be extreme or not. And I wanted to try one of these. I haven't been one since forever." She defended.