Chapter Thirty Two (Andrea)

32 - Hardest Part

'When I die don't come near my body, because my hand may not be able to wipe your tears anymore.'
- Anon.

~*~

I felt like I was in a dream — a beautiful, almost fanciful phantasm. If only my bedroom for three years didn't greet me as I opened my eyes, I thought what happened between Justin and I a few days ago was just a product of my imagination.

I was really here again... in our house. And a lot of things changed — I just found myself waking up to a place I never thought would be possible.

Back then, I've created scenarios inside my head, of how will it be if Justin and I were happy — together and not apart.

He told me he loves me.

At times I couldn't help not to let my thoughts wander around and ask the question, how? When? Why me? Didn't he hate me?

But then he also kissed me.

Oh my god.

I felt my cheeks burned bright red.

Its been years after the wedding happened, but it felt like we just recently exchanged our I dos. It was surreal. As soon as he would step inside the house, his eyes would travel around and smile the moment he'd see me. He would then start a conversation and ask how my day was. We still didn't share a room, even though we talked about it — but it was only for a brief moment. It just gets a little bit of adjustment from where our... relationship right now is headed. I know we slept on the same bed once, though it was only because of a circumstantial situation.

I could only hope it would stay like this. Us. Starting again. Trying to make it work.

But...

There are small, tiny moments that would slip. A crack from the past where I was scared to ask, terrified to know and aching to forget.

My thoughts stilled as I watched the empty space before me.

This, what Justin and I have, this is just a time borrowed. Sooner or later, the hourglass will gets it fill and then we all needed to turn it upside down for a new, needed start.

I looked over to my bedroom clock and saw how late it was. I told myself I was only going to get a power nap, and now here I was waking up after three hours of sleep.

Sighing, I decided to prep my things for my classes tomorrow. But then someone knocked on my door. I opened it to find Justin in a fit that was dressed to go out tonight. It surprised me because he told me after dinner that he was going to sleep early, and that he didn't have any schedule for today.

"Hey." He greeted with a tired, faltering smile.

"Hey." I replied, glancing at his plain V- neck shirt, pants and with his matching Vans. "Uhmmm... are you going somewhere?"

"Oh...uhh..." He gazed away. "Yeah."

"Oh." I looked over at my wall clock again. "But it's late already."

"S-scooter." He stated, as if he explained to me everything that I needed to know. But maybe, somehow, my instincts felt what lies underneath the said truth. 

"Oh." I pursed my lips. "Okay. Are you going back or are you staying—,"

"Of course." He cut me off in a hurry. His eyes scurried to meet mine. "I- I'll come back. I'll be fast. H-he just needs me."