Chapter Ten

10 – Face to face

~*~
'I still remember her as the girl
Who waters dead plants because
She doesn't know how to accept that
Sometimes
Things just have to end.'
~*~

I hoped the dinner that was shared between dad and I could fill in the hollow space I felt but not a day later and here I was, pacing back and forth inside the walls of mine and Justin's living room, chewing my fingernails — a habit of mine whenever I was nervous and anxious about something — and staring at my watch for the hundredth time.

It was past midnight already and Justin was nowhere in hindsight. He didn't even call or text saying he'd be coming home late!

I contacted Pattie, Jeremy, Erin, Ryan, Chaz, even Jacques... asking if there was an important meeting Justin attended today or if they knew where his whereabouts were but to my utmost luck, none of them knew.

Geesh! He could just tell me he was with her! At least I'd know where he is!

"Andi, don't stress yourself." Nana scolded. "I'm sure Justin is fine."

"But Nana. I have this bad feeling. What if he met an accident? The reason he's not answering any of my calls and texts! How'd we know he's safe?" I almost yelled in hysterical.

"Andi." She called, reprimanding my rampage. "Your husband is fine."

Taking a deep breath, I plopped on the couch. My phone still inside the palm of my hand.

"I'm sorry for shouting Nana."

"It's okay Andi. I understand. It's natural for you to worry about Justin. You're just like him when you returned home late the other day." I thought I'd had a whiplash when I heard Nana's statement. What did she say? She continued, as if what she just said was some normal thing around this household. "Though he was quite in denial and stiff in asking." She shrugged.

"Nana what are y—?" I was soon cut off short when I heard a car engine roared oustide, followed by a long, loud honk. "I'll go get it."

Nana smiled. "Alright."

I briskly went out of the house and sighed in relief when I saw a familiar Range Rover. Justin slammed his car door shut with an exerting amount of force and started walking into the direction of the house... wobbly. Was he drunk?

"Justin!" I called, making my way towards him. He was stunned that he almost lost his balance. Out of reflex, I reached for his arm to steady him. I immediately smelled the beer on his shirt.

"Don...tutch...meh." He said as he pushed me.

"Justin you're drunk." I replied, completely pushing the rejection aside.

"I...don...need...you." Pursing my lips, I cheered myself with happy thoughts and a stack of patience. I grunted when I felt his weight on me.

Okay, so maybe this was not a good idea.

"Jus...tin... you're hea...vy." I complained as I tried my hardest to reach the house but since I was smaller than him, I left him near the doorstep with his back on the wall. "Wait here, okay?"

"Uhmm." He mumbled, closing his eyes. I instantly went back inside the house, looking for Ronaldo.

"Nana!"

"Oh Andi. Where's Justin?"

"Outside."

"What? Why?"