Chapter Twenty Eight

Lucy woke dazed and confused, her head was pounding like a jack hammer had gone off and her arms were aching. It was only when she noticed how badly her arms were hurting that she realise they were being restrained above her head. She slowly opened her eyes trying to avoid any sudden movements so she doesn’t cause her head any more pain. Once her eyes were fully opened, she could see her surroundings. It looked like she was in a giant warehouse. All she could see was cement floors and metal walls. She slowly moved her head to look down on the ground and noticed her feet weren’t touching the ground they were dangling just above it. She looked up at her arms and could see thick ropes wrapped around her wrist that were tied to a beam above her head.

Oh, god she thought to herself. Where am I? she tried to think of the last thing she could remember. Bright lights, driving her car, Abby. Oh my god Abby what happened to Abby. Please god let her be ok she prayed. A noise to her left pulled her out of her thoughts.

“Well look who’s decided to wake up. Did you have a nice nap Lucy?” Max’s said sneering at her.

Crap Max finally got me Lucy thought. How the hell am I going to get out of this? She asked herself.

“Our mate will come.” A voice spoke in her head. Lucy sucked her breath in at the sound of the voice in her head.

“Are you my wolf.” She thought to herself.

“Yes I’m waking up, soon we will be able to run through the wild,” The voice in her head answered

“Er if you haven’t already notice we won’t be running anywhere we're tired up.” Lucy thought back to her wolf.

“Our mate will come rescue us.” Her wolf spoke back.

Suddenly a sharp pain across her face brought Lucy out of her conversation with her wolf. Just as Max punched her in the cheek again.

“Are you listening to me slag?” Max yelled at her

Lucy whimpered in pain her head felt ready to explode from the pain. “Please Max don’t do this.” Lucy begged.

Max just burst out laughing. “Please Max.” he mimicked. “Your so pathetic, poor little pathetic Lucy.” Max punched her in the stomach twice knocking all the air out of her lunges.

“Did you really believe that I wouldn't find you? That I wouldn't get you for what you've done to me?” He asked as he punched her in the ribs. A crack was heard followed by Lucy's pain filled scream.

“How could you possibly think that after everything you’ve done to me that I would just leave you alone.” Max says as he punches her on her ribs again.

Pain like no other was spreading over Lucy’s body. “Please.” She whimpered. “Please stop.”

“What’s the matter Lucy am I hurting you?” He asks punching her twice in the stomach.

“You deserve everything you're feeling right now.” He says punching her in the face. Max gives up talking for a bit and just continues to punch her repeatedly all over her body. Her painful screams were the only thing that could be heard over the sound of his fist hitting her flesh. Lucy was pretty sure he had broken every rib and possibly her jaw too. Max was relentless he just keep on hitting her. After a while, he stops panting heavily he looks into her swollen eyes.

“If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t be the monster I am today.” He punched her on the shoulder. Lucy screamed even louder as her shoulder dislocated.

“It’s your fault he bit me” He punched her again.

“ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!” he screamed at her

“If you weren’t such a tease I wouldn’t of taken you into the woods if you hadn’t of tried to fight me he wouldn’t of bitten me. Now I’m this freak this monster all because of you.” Max pauses to catch his breath.

“It’s your fault Brandon and Thomas are dead. You killed my mate. Now it’s time for you to pay for every bad thing you have done to me.” Max said.

Max walked away from Lucy over to a table where he had a knife waiting to be used.

Oh, god just let me die now. Lucy thought to herself. Her vision was starting to blur she could feel the darkness start to pull her in. I can’t take this anymore. She thought.

“Just hold on a little longer. Our mate will come” Her wolf said.

“No he won’t he doesn’t even know where we are Lucy said back to her wolf.

Lucy snapped out of her thought at the sight of Max standing in front of her holding a large knife.

“Now’s when the fun really begins.” Max said grinning evilly at her. Lucy's vision began to blacken more. Oh, thank god she thought I’m going to pass out.

A loud bang followed by something crashing pulled Max’s attention from Lucy. Lucy heard a wolf howl followed by the most glorious voice.

“LUCY! What have you done to her?” Hayden’s voice screamed. The darkness finally swallowed her taking all the pain she was feeling away. Her last thought before she completely passed out was. He really came for me.