Chapter Twenty Seven

Lucy looked over to her friends who had heard her say Max’s Name. Luke who has werewolf hearing heard both sides of the conversation.

“The one and only.” Max said through the phone.

“What have you done with Abby? “ Lucy asked fear coursing through her body.

“Abby is fine.” Max’s pauses “For now. If you do as your told nothing will happen to her.”

“Ok, ok what do you want me to do?” She asked

“Firstly no one is to know I am calling you. So if you are anywhere near your werewolf friends I suggest you find somewhere private”

Lucy looks between Luke and Linda deciding it’s too late to keep it a secret from them she hold a finger to her lips asking them to be quiet. Luke nods his head at her to let her know he understands.

“Ok I’m somewhere private no one is around”

“Good, Now I want you to leave Hayden’s place and come and meet me on your own” Max says sternly. “If you come to where I want I will let Abby go unharmed but if you don’t.” Max starts making a clicking sound with his tongue threw the phone. “Let’s just say you will be receiving her body parts by mail for a while.”

Fear for her friend shot threw Lucy body. “How do I know you really have her and not just her phone? I want to talk to her.”

“You think you’re in a position to make demands?” Max yelled threw the phone.

“Please just let me talk to her Max in need to know she is alright.”

Max chuckled threw the phone. “What you’re worried I have already killed her?”

Lucy heart sank to her stomach hearing Max say that.

Max let's out a loud sigh. “Fine I will let you talk to her. But you better show up to meet me bitch or it will be the last time you will ever hear her voice again.”

“I understand.” Lucy whispered threw the phone.

A moment later a very weak Abby’s voice was heard threw the phone. “Hello”

“Oh gods Abby are you alright? Tell me he hasn’t hurt you?” Lucy screams into the phone.

“Lucy?” Abby asked

“I’m right here Abs don’t worry I’m going to get you out of there.” Lucy sobs through the phone.

Sounds of the phone being moved were heard followed by the sound of Max’s voice.

“Meet me at the park near your house. You know the one I’m talking about. You have one hour or Abby’s dead. Oh and Lucy? Make sure you come alone.” Max disconnected the call after that. Lucy turned to face Luke knowing he heard everything that was said.

“I have to go I can’t let him hurt her.”

“I know.” Was all Luke said.

“What are you guys talking about?” Linda asked

Luke turns and faces his sister. “Max has Abby.”

Linda’s hand flies to her mouth “Oh no.”

“Yeah and he said if I don’t go meet him alone he's going to kill her.”

“You can’t go alone Lucy. He's going to try and kill you and it’s not going to be a quick death either.” Luke tells her.