Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Lucy woke from the suns rays shining through her window. She rolls over and checks her bedside clock it was 10:23 in the morning. The memories of last nights events start replaying in her mind.

After returning to town last night Luke and Abby took Lucy straight to the police station were she spend the next couple of hours giving an incident report on what had happened. At first everything was going good, the officers were furious about what Max had tried to do to her but that quickly changed. As soon as she mentioned the wolf attacking Max their attitude changed and all they seemed to care about was what happened with the wolf. After about an hour or so of trying to divert their attention from the wolf incident back to fact that Max had attacked her; Lucy realized it was a lost cause so she stopped trying and told them everything about the wolf.

Shaking her head at the memories Lucy sighs and rolls over to grab her mobile off her bedside table, she see's a message from Abby.

Max has been released from hospital. Police have taken him to Police station for questioning. How are you doing?

She hits the reply button.

I’m ok. Do you think they will arrest him?

Her phone beeps indicating another message

I don’t know. I hope so he can’t get away with what he did!

Lucy places her phone back on her bedside table and throws her blanket off her. She then gets up and heads to the bathroom for a long warm shower.

After her shower Lucy, heads down the stairs to find her parents have already left for work. She heads into the kitchen to fix herself some breakfast. Not really feeling hungry, she settles for a piece of toast. She sits down at the table to eat and notices the local paper laying there opened. She closes it and goes put it in the recycling bin when the front-page heading catches her eyes.

LOCAL BOY ATTACKED BY WILD WOLVES AT CRYSTAL LAKE

Story on page four.

Turning the paper to page four, she begins reading the article

Local boy Max O’Donald was rushed to hospital late last night after being viciously attack by a wolf at Crystal Lake. The boy has been reported to be in a stable condition and was released from hospital shortly after receiving medical attention. The extents of his injuries are unknown at this time. The young man’s Farther Patrick O’Donald has put a $3000 reward out to anyone in the community who can hunt down this wolf.

A knock at the front door interrupts Lucy's reading. Standing up she makes her way to the front door. She opens it and finds a very angry looking Max standing there. Not waiting for an invitation he barges past her and slams the front door shut with so much force, Lucy was surprised it didn’t smash any windows. Max forcefully grabs Lucy around the throat throwing her body against the door. Squeezing her throat tightly he leans in and sneers in her face. Laughing at the fear he sees in her eyes.

“What’s wrong Lucy? Aren’t ya glad to see me? After all we do have unfinished business.”

Her eyes widening even further in fear, Lucy lets out a whimper knowing exactly what Max was referring too.

“No!” she pushes the words out with what little air she had remaining in her lungs, which now felt as if they were on fire from the lack of oxygen. Lucy tries to hopelessly to fight against Max's hold.

"NO?" Max screams in Lucy's face. Slamming her head against the door again.

“You really think you have a choice?”