Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Hayden walked Lucy to his room, as soon as they entered she walked over to the glass wall to look outside. Hayden stood there and stared at the back of Lucy praying she will believe him when he explains what really had happened between him and Luna. Taking a deep breath, he speaks.

“So I guess I better start explaining”

Lucy just nods her head. Realising she’s not going to turn around Hayden takes a seat on his bed and begins.

“After Luna had spoken to us yesterday I left here to go to my office to do some paperwork. Luna stops me before I get there to apologise for the way she treated you. She then asked if I had given her idea any thought and I told her that I was not sending you away. She convinced me that I was being stupid and letting my wolf get in the way of making the right decision for you. She suggested I give us some space to see if I feel the same afterwards. When you came to my office I had just called Luna in explaining to her that my wolf was going crazy to see you and asked her to distract me.”

Lucy snort at this “I say that was some distraction”
Taking a deep breath and sighing Hayden continued as if she hadn’t said anything “We started talking about when we were younger and we would pull these pranks when the adults were having a pack meeting. There was this one woman that would always get into our face afterwards. When you walked in Luna was in the process of mimicking the old women. That was it! there was no kissing involved no making out or anything along those lines. You are my mate Lucy the other piece of me that has been missing for a long time and I would never do anything to jeopardise our relationship; especially not with Luna she is already having a hard time letting go of our causal relationship we had before you came along.” Hayden stands up from the bed, marches over to Lucy, and spins her around to face him.

“I love you Lucy body, heart, mind, and soul it all belongs to you. I only pray you believe me and give us another go”

Lucy looks up into Hayden’s eyes searching for any signs of a lie. When she couldn’t see any she spoke.

“I have been dealing with Luna’s games since I met you. Hell she even tried to kill me in wolf form before I even met you. I am so tired of having to deal with her. Just tonight, she told me you guys slept together in your office and not just kissed. It crushed me. I don’t want to have to deal with her anymore. So if you want me to stay and to give us another try she has to go”

Hayden stood there speechless. Could he do that to Luna the girl he had been friends with since they were diapers.

“Come on Lucy that’s asking a bit much don’t you think. Luna’s family has been a part of this pack for generations. I will talk to her, I will order her to leave you alone. She’s really not as bad as you think. She really is a good person. She’s just upset at the moment, as soon as she finds her mate she will get over it. Please Lucy don’t ask me to do that” A single tear leaks from his eye as he begs Lucy not to ask him to do that.

Lucy nods her head at Hayden and steps out of his arms. “I’m sorry Hayden but that’s where you’re wrong. Luna is not a nice person. In fact the only person she is nice to is you. If you are too blind to see that then there really isn’t any hope for us because she will always be there getting in the way.”

“What are you saying Lucy?”

“I’m saying that we are over. I’m sorry but I can’t deal with all of her crap and Max’s revenge and having to wonder what stupid idea she will plant in your head next in an attempt to split us up. I’m saying she wins. She can have you because I can’t do this,” Lucy says while moving her hand at Hayden and herself “Anymore we are over.” With that said Lucy turns around and makes her way towards the door, just as she is reaching for the doorknob she says. “I know it’s not safe for me to leave so I will stay here until Max is dealt with then I’m gone.” With that, she opens the door and leaves.