Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Lucy stormed into the medical room expecting to find an injured Luke lying on the bed. Only to find the room was empty. Oh, god no does this mean he didn’t survive. Lucy thought to herself

Mrs Benson appeared at a door on the other side of the room. Lucy didn’t even realise there was a door there till now. A look of sadness and concern on her face. A sob escaped Lucy mouth.

“Where is he?” She whispered

Hayden mother frown at Lucy “Where is who dear?”

“Luke the injured guy that was brought here earlier. Where is he?”

Sadness and shock was wiped from Hayden’s mothers face replaced with the look of confusion “The rouge? Why would you want to know where is?”

Lucy started to feel angry at the way her friend was being talked about. “Why because he’s my best friends brother and my friend that’s why, now where is he?”

“He's in the holding cells where we keep prisoners. “

“HE”S WHAT!” Lucy screamed

“Calm down dear he's a rouge. We don’t allow rouges into the house unless they are being put into the holding cell,” Mrs Benson said trying to calm Lucy down.

“I don’t care if he’s the devil himself.” Lucy spat out “He’s my friend who has been badly injured saving my life and you treat him like the enemy? Have you at least checked his wounds?”

“I have attended his injuries they should all be healed by the end of the day”

“Where can I find the holding cells?” Lucy asked ready to leave, disgusted at how her friend has been treated”

“In the basement dear. But you won’t be allowed down there it’s too dangerous and Hayden won’t allow you too”

“Yeah? We'll see. Hayden can just kiss my arse for all I care.” Lucy said as she storms out of the room.

She marches down the hallway towards the front of the house where she knew she would find someone to show her the way to the holding cell. As she enters the lounge room she looked around the crowded room for a familiar face. Spotting one, she made her way over to him.

“Neil your all healed?” Lucy asks as she gives him a quick hug.

“Hey Lucy, Yup I’m good as new”

“That’s good,” Lucy says looking around the room taking in the amount of people in there. “Why is there so many people in here” She ask Neil

“We’re about to have a pack meeting” Neil answered “We’re just waiting for Hayden”

“That’s great” Lucy says no longer interested “Listen Neil I need you to show me where the holding cells are my friend Luke is being held down there and I want to see him”

“I’m sorry Lucy I heard about what happened to Luke. But don’t worry we will put a stop to Max.”

“Thanks, So can you take me to the holding cells? “She asks practically begging

Neil sighs loudly “I’m sorry Lucy but Hayden would kill me if I took you down there. Maybe you should go and talk to him. I’m sure he would take you down there”

“Ha!” Lucy laughs loudly “Thanks Neil but it would be a cold day in hell before I voluntarily ask him for anything.”

Knowing Neil won’t show her she taps him on the arm “See ya around” she says to him and walks off.

Where would the entrance to the holding cells be? She thought to herself. If no one will take me there, I will find the place myself.

“Can I have everyone’s attention” Hayden voice, Boomed across the room.

“No you may not,” Lucy mumbled to herself as she exited the lounge room into the hallway making her way to the kitchen. Walking in she looked around the room for a doorway that could lead to the basement. The only door was the one to the pantry. Figuring out the entrance isn’t in the kitchen she entered the hallway opening doors as she walked down it. As she got to the end of the hall, she came to a door that was locked.

Now why would this door be locked? She thought to herself.

Grabbing a hold of the doorknob, she starts pushing and pulling on it, her patience was running out she decided to take her frustrations out on the door. Just as she was, about to pull back on the door once again, it flew open causing Lucy to lose her balance and fall flat on her butt.

“Ouch “Lucy said while standing back up rubbing her bottom. She looks up to see who it was that opened the door, Not knowing who the person before her is she just pushes past him and descends the stairs.

“Hey where do you think your going?” He yells out

“To see my friend” Lucy replies picking up her pace before he stops her.

She reaches the bottom of the stairs and enters a room that looks like a jail. Two large prison cells sat to her left with a single bed and toilet. Walking up to the second cell, she could see Luke laying on the bed with his back to her.

Tear start falling from her eyes at the sight of her friend locked up like a prisoner. “Luke” She calls softly. “Luke its Lucy are you awake?”

“Lucy?” Luke says rolling over. As he turns to face her, his eyes goes huge like saucers.

“Lucy what are you doing here? Don’t tell me they got you too!” He screamed panicked

“Wow Luke calm down. No one’s got me. This is Hayden’s place. There seems to be a huge misunderstanding which is why you’re locked up but I plan on fixing that and getting you out of here”

“NO!” He screams at her “Lucy listen to me I’m not safe to be around. You have to leave me in here I’m not the same person any more” Luke says as he walked toward her. He drops his head and whispers, “I’m a monster now”

Lucy just snorts at him “You’re not a monster Luke you’re a werewolf”

Luke’s head snaps up to Lucy looking at her with wide eyes “You know?”

“Yeah, yeah, No biggie I found out Hayden is one when Max attacked me in wolf form. You're going to be ok Luke. You’re just going to be a little bit more hairy is all”

The guy from the door walks over to Lucy and says, “I’m sorry but you can’t be in here. It’s not safe and Alpha Benson will not be pleased”

Lucy turns around and glares at the guy “I don’t care if Hayden won’t be happy. I'm visiting my friend and unless you’re willing to let him leave with me I'm not going anywhere. You can lock me in the cell with him for all I care. As for not being safe Luke is my friend and would never hurt me.” Lucy turns back around to face Luke she smiles warmly at him “How are you feeling? Are your injuries better yet?”

“There ok just a bit sore but I will be good as new in no time” Luke smile slips from his face as he asks “How is Linda?”

“She’s hanging in there. Upset obviously, but once she sees you’re ok she will be fine”

“Lucy they’re not going to let me out of here,” Luke said sadly

“The hell they won’t!” Lucy yells “Luke I promise you that as soon as you’re healed we will both be leaving this place together.”

“WHAT IS SHE DOING DOWN HERE!” Hayden’s voice booms across the room.