Chapter Two

• Dedicated to Aaron Flanagan

Edited By GeorgiaTaylor

Chapter Two

“Alright, I think that’s the last of the stuff that needs to be packed.” Abby said as she packed the last of the camping gear into Lucy’s Jeep.

“Ok who’s ready to blow this joint?” Linda asked as she came bouncing out the front door of Lucy’s house.

“Oh I hope we haven’t forgotten anything.” Cassy says herself.

“Too bad if we have cause I don’t think we can fit anything else in here,” Lucy sighs while looking at the pile of stuff stuffed into the back of her Jeep.

“Did we really need to pack all this stuff? I mean we are only going for four days not a month.” Lucy comments while still looking at the mountain of stuff in the back of her Jeep.

“Stop being such a worry wart Lucy and get into the car so we can hit the road!” Abby yells at her friend from the passenger seat of the Jeep.

After everyone piles into the Jeep, the girls hit the road.

After an hour-long drive, the girls finally reach the end of the dirt road that leads to Crystal Lake.

The first thing the girls could see was the massive crystal clear lake that goes on for miles, surrounded by thousands of trees. The clean fresh air smelt great and Lucy could feel her body relax. She could feel all the stress from events the day before fade away.

“Right, let’s set up camp first then we should head down to the lake for a swim.” Lucy said to the girls as they all jumped out of the Jeep.

The girls remove all the stuff they packed and went about setting up their campsite. Half way through setting up their tents the girls could hear signs of cars coming up the dirt track.

“Oh man, I was hoping we would be the only ones camping in this area,” Lucy whines.

“Bummer,” Cassy replies, “Maybe their only day trippers coming for a swim at the lake?”

“Yeah, maybe,” Lucy says with doubt in her voice. No one drives all the way up here for just the day.

The vehicles in question come into view and all colour drains from Lucy’s face.

“Oh no,” she says.

“No, no, no, no. This cannot be happening, why would he be here?” Lucy continues to rant on at the site of the person in the first vehicle.

Then the second vehicle came into view and the rest of the girls joined in with Lucy.

“What the? The Hoebags? Camping? No way.” Abby joked trying to lighten Lucy mood,

Knowing her luck could not possibly this bad Lucy turns and faces her friends with an evil glare.

“Ok. Who told Max and his friends we were going camping?” Lucy screeches out. Now feeling somewhat hysterical at the fact that the reason why she wanted to get away has now showed up with his friends and Hoebag’s.

“Is that your brother in there with Max, Linda?” Lucy asks while squinting at the person in question.

“Ah, err, I think so,” Linda nervously said.

“Oh please tell me you didn’t tell him you were going camping!”

“He saw me packing, what did you want me to say to him? The tent kind of spoke for itself you know.” Linda said, now getting annoyed.

“Come on Luc.” Abby spoke up before a fight would start between her friends. “Don’t let them ruin our weekend. Let’s just ignore them I’m sure will still have a great time.”