Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Lucy woke a few hours later to find Hayden Gone. She quickly gets changed and heads down stairs towards the way she knows the kitchen is. She walks into the kitchen to find Hayden placing a plate of pancakes onto a tray that has juice and a small vase holding a rose sitting on it.

“Morning” She says

Hayden’s head snaps up at her voice and smiles “Good morning. I was just bringing breakfast up to you”

“That’s for me?” Lucy asks shocked

“Yep only the best for my girl” He says walking over giving her a hug and a peck on the cheek.

“Oh I’m your girl am I? I don’t remember agreeing to that “She says playfully

“Come on you know you can’t resist all this” He replies pointing at his body

She laughs at and slaps him on the arm. “Is that right?”

“Yep” He says popping the P “come on lets eat.”

Lucy sits on the stool at the counter and starts eating her pancakes. After she finished she looked at Hayden who was now cleaning the mess he made cooking. How could I possibly not be with this guy. she thought to herself. OK so he turns in o a wolf other than that he's perfect.

“You're right you know,” she says

“Of course I am I’m always right” He says smiling at her “What exactly am I right about?”

“Me being your girl” She says. Hayden's head snaps back in her direction shock clearly showing on his face.

“What are you saying?” He asks hope building up inside him

Taking a deep breath, she replies, “I’m saying I don’t care that you’re a werewolf I still want to be with you”

The biggest grin spread across his face he races across the room and sweeps her off her seat and swings her around the room Laughing.

“Are you serious? You still want to be with me?”

“Yeah I guess you’ll do,” She says while laughing

The sound of glass smashing interrupts their moment they look over at the doorway to find Luna standing their rage clearly showing on her face and a smashed plate at her feet. She quickly turns around stomping out of the room leaving the mess she made on the floor.

Hayden looks at Lucy apologetically “I’m sorry” He sighs and says “Maybe I should go check on her”

She smiles weakly at him “Yeah sure”

Hayden leans in and kisses her passionately on the lips

“You have made me the happiest wolf around". He laughs "thanks' for giving me a chance”

With that said, he lets go of her and leaves the room to find Luna. Lucy walks over and starts cleaning the smashed glass off the ground. Halfway through cleaning it up Hayden’s mum enters the room.

“Good morning dear. Did you sleep OK? Hayden mum asks

“I slept great. Thanks Mrs Benson for letting me stay here”

“That’s quit alright dear and what did I say call me Gale. We are practically family now.”

“Sorry Gale” Lucy says.

Lucy talks to Hayden’s mum for a few minutes before leaving the kitchen and walking back to Hayden’s room. She sees her phone and finds Abby had left her a message