(85 Part 1) Ensure You Remain As Naked As Possible

i really, REALLY hope you'll read the final A/N ❤️ that follows this two part chapter it contains: sequel information, a final authors note, and new projects 🐸 ☕️ 👀

***

Enjoy the last chapter(s) of Cabin Fever! (There won't be an epilogue. I don't know why either.)

Lots of love — more than possibly be put into words — to every single reader who has stuck through to the end ❤️

-

🎵: Ho Hey by The Lumineers

-

Monday, January 15th, 2018

-

"When you fall in love with someone, it's brilliant, and beautiful, and earth-shattering. It shakes up the very core of your being, leaves imprints on your soul. -JH."

Aiden took a cross-legged seat across from her on the floor of her tidied bedroom.

Tonight was their last night at Camp Where The Hell Are We. Their final exams were taken, last camp activities finished, and rooms cleaned and organized to leave in the morning.

Their friends were all at the beach for a big night party that was being thrown for everyone to say final goodbyes, but Marley lately has preferred solitude.

"I've read all his quotes, and they all make so much sense. Especially if he was with someone older and wiser who helped him with these. But, there's something I don't get."

"And what's that?" Aiden coaxed gently.

"Love. Everything he's written here...he fell in love. I just wonder who it was he did fall for. I do know a lot about that." She shot Aiden a teasing glance that wasn't recuperated.

He was staring at the journal with a small, secret smile.

She frowned, "What's that look?"

Whatever crossed his expression faded instantly. He shrugged casually, "Maybe he was in love at one point. He'll tell you about it I'm sure, when he's feeling better enough to be allowed contact with the outside world. And speaking of contact with the outside world," he stood to his feet, holding out a hand.

"This is our last night here. Let's make the most of it."

-

The beach was lit up with lanterns strung across the trees and Tiki lights. Upbeat music was playing from a couple big speakers on a section of gravel with an aux chord. Obviously, Sarah manning the station with her claws out if anyone attempted to steal her thunder.

It hadn't rained for the last week, so the sand was dry, covered in towels and blankets with separated groups of friends across the shoreline. The moon was bright and full in the sky scattered with twinkling stars. The water was calm and warm, so swimming was an option — and a popular one.

There were red solo cups everywhere, the drinks table once again a prohibition operation. The drinking now though, was slow-paced and celebratory, unlike the party that happened after the final, gruelling three and a half hour lab and exam a few days ago.

The next morning Marley woke up at the chime of a text from Aiden — to take a look outside. He was passing by the girls' cabin for his jog, and the sight looked like they ran out of room for bodies in the hospital morgue, choosing to dump them all over the front porch, common room, and surrounding area of the girls' cabin at Camp Where The Hell Are We instead.