(72) I Don't Like Being On My Knees

Since I've had multiple questions about the update schedule I want to make sure everybody's on the same page! Here is the official one that won't change unless I otherwise announce it has:

Tuesday 12:00am
Saturday 12:00am
Eastern Standard Time

You can also always find my update schedules for any of my active works on my profile in the description of the story.

Enjoy Chapter 72 ❤️

-

"I know you're not asking about Kelly and Ryan's most recent relationship drama because you're genuinely interested in what those two have going on. What's really on your mind?"

"Sarah for nearly a solid month we all had to put up with your and Leo's shit-"

"Hey do not bring me into this! I'm a handsomely innocent bystander!"

"Focus on the damn homework Leo Kahn or so help me God!"

"At least Leo and I knew we weren't meant to be and accepted tha-" thump. "OW! Kelly you bitch!"

"Ryan and I are meant to be! If he would stop texting Adrianna-"

"Wait, hold up. I thought it was Nikki?"

"Nikki was the problem of an hour ago, Bree. Keep up." Tristan droned tiredly.

"Well if my relationship drama is so-"

"We're here to talk to Marley not about Kelly and Ryan!" Gabby's voice attempted to shout over the slew of voices currently blasting through Marley's speakerphone. She managed to find her phone yesterday and had brought it with her back to her house but she was sure the speaker was close to being shattered from the continuous abuse of six people talking at once.

"Blondie clearly said if you're not here to catch up with Marley or do my homework for me you're not invited."

"Homework for yo-Leo!"

His laughter was booming on the other end of the line, which had Marley rolling her eyes in light humour. The background noise of her friends was helping her better deal with the piles of her fathers' laundry she was nearly drowning in right now, and she and Aiden's first argument which was still sickening her. Marley did leave with his car strictly because she had no other transportation, and she didn't want to have to wake Bryan and Jenna at five am — which was a predicament Aiden put her in himself. Suitable punishment would be taking his car like he offered.

It was now ten am. Since it was Friday, Marley called Gabby when she knew it was break time at school for a distraction. She spent the last five hours going between meticulously cleaning and scrubbing at every room in her house, to re-reading the journal obsessively, but the nature of distractions is that they start losing their zeal after a few hours, and the dark thoughts take over again.

The most she and Aiden have communicated since five was a total of three whole text messages.

Aiden Matthews: Text me when you're home safe.

Aiden Matthews: Please.

Marley: I'm home safe.

Clearly, they were handling this like the mature people they are.

At the moment though, Marley was trying not to dwell on: what Aiden's been doing for the last five hours, on every shred of half the blame she deserves for their fight, and how pathetically she misses him right now.